The Carling Cup 2011/12 Thread

Starvinho

Haha! I was kinda hoping for a City/Utd rematch but looks like City are getting silverware early this season :shifty:.

I need to see this Ambrose goal, sounds delicious.

I wanna say it was against Burnley' date=' but it might have been Blackburn [/quote']

Yeahh it was against us (Burnley) :(.

And City are given the worst possible draw. Ah well, as long as they put enough past Liverpool at the Etihad, it'll be okay. ^_^

It's also the worst possible draw for Liverpool too...

And to be fair, City need this kind of competition because they didn't look great at Anfield at the weekend and if they expect to win the league, they need step it up a notch and keep it at that level.

What a beautiful goal! A scorcher, one of the best of the season no doubt...don't even bother with Goal of the Month this time around Lineker.

Delighted to see Palace and Cardiff in the semis...not so much to see Liverpool draw City though! Hopefully they can keep up their good form against the 'big' sides and progress to a very winnable final.

I was thinking last night that Liverpool could take City. Based on league form, we do tend to do well away and draw at Anfield. Depends how life without Lucas is though. Hopefully we bring someone in to plug that gap in January.