The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

Gazz's list is severely unfair to Ace!

On the Chelsea fans thing - the ones I know from school and what have you tend to be annoying, deluded fools. Even one of my best friends I like to say wears blue-tinted glasses when Chelsea are being discussed. He is otherwise quite an intelligent and knowledgeable football fan however.

Thera are good fans and dick fans. Trying to split them between clubs doesn't work.

Although there are certain types of dick fans that can annoy more, according to taste. Liverpool dick fans are infinitely worse than, say, Arsenal dick fans...to me, anyway. :shifty:

Absolutely. My only experience with Chelsea fans (actual Chelsea fans, not the 'fans' who cheer and goad the Man Utd 'fans' when Chelsea score in the pub in my largeish North East village) is on the tube on the way back from the Carling Cup game last year, and they were very pleasant. Probably helped that it was a cup crowd and mainly families with kids, plus we won, but its still heavily coloured my opinion on them.

Trying to work out if everyones just going along with Gazz's obvious omission or whether they genuinely haven't noticed...

Holy shit!

That wasn't even intentional! :lol:

• Admin

I think we should all collectively mock Blackburn in an EWB team-building exercise, given that after 9:45 tonight they won't be needed in this thread.

Sadly, you won't be here to see this :shifty:

• Like 4

jack is either Swansea or Villa iirc.

Gorka is obviously Swansea.

Is this referring to me? I'd assume so because the 'j' in jack isn't capitalised, but I'm neither a Swansea or Villa fan and have literally no idea how I gave off that impression. I mean, I quite like Swansea because of Brendan Rodgers' sexy football, but I can't imagine having said anything nice about McLeish's Villa.

I support Charlton Athletic, and that will be relevant to this thread in a year and a bit! smug.gif

I think we should all collectively mock Blackburn in an EWB team-building exercise, given that after 9:45 tonight they won't be needed in this thread.

Sadly, you won't be here to see this :shifty:

I'd like to take this opportunity to distance myself from that portion of the Gazz hive mind and point out my love for Kevin Gallagher and total hard on for Steven N'Zonzi, what a beast. :wub:

Is this referring to me? I'd assume so because the 'j' in jack isn't capitalised, but I'm neither a Swansea or Villa fan and have literally no idea how I gave off that impression. I mean, I quite like Swansea because of Brendan Rodgers' sexy football, but I can't imagine having said anything nice about McLeish's Villa.

I support Charlton Athletic, and that will be relevant to this thread in a year and a bit! smug.gif

A mate of mine is a big Charlton fan, so I'll likely see you at The Valley next season.

Maybe it's because Swansea are known as The Jacks?

We're not McLeish's Villa. It's not like we're Martin O'Neill's Sunderland or something - which is how they're spoke about in the media now.

I was more trying to say that I currently don't like Aston Villa because I don't like the style the current manager employs, nor do I particularly care for the current manager. I'm not claiming McLeish and Villa are intrinsically linked to each other. If McLeish gets sacked and Villa hire, say, Gus Poyet (unlikely, but it's just an example,) I'd be all like 'oh yeah, I'm a big fan of Poyet's Villa, because Gus Poyet is wonderful.