The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

But Blackburn have Hoillet! A noted Canadian. You should love them too Httk!

... yeah, noted Canadian/eligible for Jamaica too that in March said he'd play for England <_< ... fuck that guy

I swear to fuck I will hunt him down if he does that.

• Admin

:o

Blackburn manager Steve Kean says he did not expect his team to be involved in another battle for Premier League survival this season.

Rovers, who escaped the drop with a 3-2 win at Wolves on the final day of last season, need to win their remaining two games to have a chance of staying up.

"I didn't expect it to come to this," said Kean, whose side host Wigan on Monday.

"We have to make sure we stay up. I'm still convinced we can do it."

Kean's side take on relegation rivals Wigan before going to Chelsea on the final day of the season.

Even if 19th-placed Rovers, who have lost six of their last seven games, pick up six points with wins against the Latics and Chelsea, they still need QPR, Wigan and Bolton to lose their respective final games of the season, as well as a goal difference swing to go for them.

However, an optimistic Kean said: "I feel as if [this game against Wigan] can give a positive edge.

"Sometimes you can look at the lads and think they are a little bit nervous and there is a negative energy, but they have looked bright and sharp on the training ground."

However, Blackburn's 1996 Premier League title-winning captain Colin Hendry does not share Kean's optimism.

He told BBC Sport: "Unfortunately it's looking pretty ominous for them - it's a big night, they have to win the game."

Hendry offered his support for his fellow Scot, who has endured numerous protests and calls from supporters for him to be sacked, adding: "It's been a difficult time for him. He's handled himself with extreme dignity.

"It is a minority that's campaigning, having all these demonstrations about what should happen.

"By far and away the majority are behind the team and behind the manager, all they want to do is see survival, over what's happened this season and how it's gone, they just want their team to survive."

Wigan will make sure of their Premier League survival with a victory at Ewood Park, while a draw would all-but guarantee their safety, given they have a goal difference nine better than 18th-placed Bolton.

Manager Roberto Martinez will not be playing for the draw though.

"We can't do that, we're not that type of team," he said.

"We're a team that needs to get on the ball and control games ourselves. We need to be brave in attack and defend with good intensity."

:o

Blackburn manager Steve Kean says he did not expect his team to be involved in another battle for Premier League survival this season.

Rovers, who escaped the drop with a 3-2 win at Wolves on the final day of last season, need to win their remaining two games to have a chance of staying up.

"I didn't expect it to come to this," said Kean, whose side host Wigan on Monday.

"We have to make sure we stay up. I'm still convinced we can do it."

Kean's side take on relegation rivals Wigan before going to Chelsea on the final day of the season.

Even if 19th-placed Rovers, who have lost six of their last seven games, pick up six points with wins against the Latics and Chelsea, they still need QPR, Wigan and Bolton to lose their respective final games of the season, as well as a goal difference swing to go for them.

However, an optimistic Kean said: "I feel as if [this game against Wigan] can give a positive edge.

"Sometimes you can look at the lads and think they are a little bit nervous and there is a negative energy, but they have looked bright and sharp on the training ground."

However, Blackburn's 1996 Premier League title-winning captain Colin Hendry does not share Kean's optimism.

He told BBC Sport: "Unfortunately it's looking pretty ominous for them - it's a big night, they have to win the game."

Hendry offered his support for his fellow Scot, who has endured numerous protests and calls from supporters for him to be sacked, adding: "It's been a difficult time for him. He's handled himself with extreme dignity.

"It is a minority that's campaigning, having all these demonstrations about what should happen.

"By far and away the majority are behind the team and behind the manager, all they want to do is see survival, over what's happened this season and how it's gone, they just want their team to survive."

Wigan will make sure of their Premier League survival with a victory at Ewood Park, while a draw would all-but guarantee their safety, given they have a goal difference nine better than 18th-placed Bolton.

Manager Roberto Martinez will not be playing for the draw though.

"We can't do that, we're not that type of team," he said.

"We're a team that needs to get on the ball and control games ourselves. We need to be brave in attack and defend with good intensity."

But Blackburn have Hoillet! A noted Canadian. You should love them too Httk!

... yeah, noted Canadian/eligible for Jamaica too that in March said he'd play for England <_< ... fuck that guy

I swear to fuck I will hunt him down if he does that.

He'll have a job, he doesn't qualify for the Home Nations because he didn't reside in the UK for 5 years before his 18th birthday.

The main groups seem to be Newcastle, Liverpool, Man Utd, Spurs, Rovers. Do we have many Arsenal fans?

Of course, there is always Stok, the only Chelsea fan!