The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

I'm so conflicted :/ I wanted Man City to win the title because I assumed we'd eventually crack with the next few games and I like to see a different title winner once in a while <_<

But then we beat Chelsea and just (potentially) need one goal to be above Arsenal.

I just... don't understand how we could have managed to beat Chelsea, compete with City AND SEEN CHELSEA, ARSENAL AND SPURS COLLAPSE :o

I love the BBC live text just for stuff like this.

14:57

Stuarty Meyer on Twitter: "De Jong for Nasri? Does Mancini know they need to win, not draw?"

Travis on Twitter: "De Jong on for Nasri? What? Adam Johnson usually performs against tiring teams. Get him on!"

14:59

GOAL Newcastle 0-1 Manchester City - Yaya Toure

----

Yeah, fuck you guys on Twitter.

People don't always get the reasons behind things, yesterday I heard people bemoan that Liverpool players could not get by what was good Chelsea defending.

• Admin

Red card for Danny Rose. Ugh....

The Tottenham midfielder is red carded for a horror tackle on former Spurs player Alan Hutton. The Spurs man goes in two-footed and catches Hutton midway up his shin. It's very, very ugly and deserves his dismissal. Hutton is lucky if he hasn's broken his leg here.