The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

My annoyance with Liverpool is their eagerness to pass the ball elsewhere and their reluctance to do anything themselves. Carrol finally having a shot with all the header's he's been winning was nice to see, but more greed required at the right time.

This I agree with. There is a lot of over playing as well from one or two players.

Ugh, spend the last ten minutes hitting long balls. Sterling got a couple of good crosses in and, Shelvey, he's got potential but he shouldn't be taking free kicks over Maxi or Downing. Carroll was probably our man of the match. If there had been someone with an eye for goal around him they'd have had a few off his knock downs from Aurelio crosses.

Still, it was the B squad. Most of them won't see Wembley, doubt we'll see Fabio Aurelio again most likely.

Sterling was probably the best player bar Carrol in that match. His two crosses were excellent and he has some real pace. Shame he's so young because what pool need right now is an experienced player with confidence to get forward, but I'd certainly give him a try since it can't really hurt their season beyond what it is now.

Easy 6 points against Liverpool this season.

Not that surprising really.

Wasn't exactly the first team you had to play against like. But can't really argue with the result, felt at times like we were the away team and Fulham were efficient in the way they played and defended well. Just annoying that we got beat by an own goal but it is a fair result. Carroll played well I thought and Sterling/Shelvey showed promising moments that is the only positives for us.

At least we don't drop further down the table and at least we only fall a point behind Everton although really we aren't gonna finish above them now anyway. Oh well hopefully we'll make it a cup double, I'd rather have two cup wins then just finish 7th and not win anything.

Kenny really needs to win on saturday though. A Carling Cup win by itself isn't going to keep him in a job.

Easy 6 points against Liverpool this season.

Not that surprising really.

Wasn't exactly the first team you had to play against like. But can't really argue with the result, felt at times like we were the away team and Fulham were efficient in the way they played and defended well. Just annoying that we got beat by an own goal but it is a fair result. Carroll played well I thought and Sterling/Shelvey showed promising moments that is the only positives for us.

At least we don't drop further down the table and at least we only fall a point behind Everton although really we aren't gonna finish above them now anyway. Oh well hopefully we'll make it a cup double, I'd rather have two cup wins then just finish 7th and not win anything.

Kenny really needs to win on saturday though. A Carling Cup win by itself isn't going to keep him in a job.

There was some inherent sarcasm in what I said. Also, some celebrating for the sake of celebrating.

if Kenny Dalglish is following the Alex McLeish Carling Cup winner paradigm, next season he will get a job at a better team in the same city.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Ask a really silly question, but have Sky swapped their tv game tonight? It was meant to be Bolton, but SSN are hyping the hell out of Chelsea Newcastle, and one of the presenters said it was on SS1, although that could have been in error. Confusing!

Is it just our club website that reports shit that doesn't mean anything or does every other club have "news" like this?

Liverpool FC today announced that Turkish menswear brand, Ramsey, will be providing the formal Club suits for the FA Cup final and the forthcoming 2012/2013 season.

The exclusive two year deal will see Ramsey supply bespoke tailored products to the Liverpool FC First Team, including suits, shirts, ties and belts.

Not only do we have a new kit deal but we have a new suit deal FUCK YEAH SUCCESSFUL SEASON!!! :shifty:

Is it just our club website that reports shit that doesn't mean anything or does every other club have "news" like this?

Liverpool FC today announced that Turkish menswear brand, Ramsey, will be providing the formal Club suits for the FA Cup final and the forthcoming 2012/2013 season.

The exclusive two year deal will see Ramsey supply bespoke tailored products to the Liverpool FC First Team, including suits, shirts, ties and belts.

Not only do we have a new kit deal but we have a new suit deal FUCK YEAH SUCCESSFUL SEASON!!! :shifty:

Looks like we're in for another lot of references to this:

spice_boys_top.jpg