The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

Yeh Kacaniklic is looking good atm, him and Riise are getting down that left hand side too easily.

Fulham's passing has been alot better than ours and we need to pick it up soonish otherwise I can see a second goal coming soon.

I really hope this guy on the BBC page is joking.

James Newbold on Twitter: "If I were Hodgson I would be keeping my eye on Martin Kelly with quality young English RBs in short supply."

Erm, we've already got Walker and Richards with both Smalling and Jones capable of playing there aswell, how many more do you want?

I think people go way overboard on the 'Johnson can't defend' stuff tbh. Not saying I dislike Smalling at all, just I would prefer to play Johnson myself. I think I'd play him before Jones too, I like him a lot more in the centre.

We have threatened. But there is very little desire from the central midfielder to go forward. Shelvey has had a couple of shots, but notable one off the line. From the bench, I think just Sterling could add something going forward.

Carroll's having a good game, dominating in the air. Need more runs though like you said and desire from the middle of the field to create attacks and help support by running into the box or to the edge of the box.

Aurelio though has whipped some good balls in. Crap start to the half but looked better at the end of the half. I'd take off one of the centre midfielders and bring on Sterling or Downing and move Kuyt to play alongside Carroll.

My annoyance with Liverpool is their eagerness to pass the ball elsewhere and their reluctance to do anything themselves. Carrol finally having a shot with all the header's he's been winning was nice to see, but more greed required at the right time.

He's better than Martin Kelly anyway. If he's getting touted then Simpson at least deserves a mention.

Please don't. If someone tells him you've said that he'll be even more convinced he's not shit and just get worse.

• Like 2

He's better than Martin Kelly anyway. If he's getting touted then Simpson at least deserves a mention.

Please don't. If someone tells him you've said that he'll be even more convinced he's not shit and just get worse.

If people are talking about Martin Kelly Liverpool reserve, then why not Danny Simpson? If Martin Kelly were with Newcastle, I wouldn't play him right back.

If people are talking about Martin Kelly Liverpool reserve, then why not Danny Simpson? If Martin Kelly were with Newcastle, I wouldn't play him right back.

But clearly James Newbold is a moron. I'd rather play Andy Griffin.