The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

Where do we suggest a person who supports Leeds would go to comment on a Premier League match between Man Utd and Aston Villa? :)

Rotherham

There's Leeds fans in a Premiership thread? :o

I'm also a "whoever Man Utd are playing" fan.

Do Leeds fans ignore that the Champions League is a thing?

They got to the semi final once y'know :w00t:

Bankrolled by invisilbe money, so it shouldn't really count, but still...

No other team has ever spent money they don't actually have... ever. Not one.

Besides most of the core of that team didn't cost us much (the only big transfers I can think of was Ferdinand [18m] who joined half way through that campaign and Viduka [6m]), it was the likes of Fowler and Johnson that we pissed away money on.

There's Leeds fans in a Premiership thread? :o

I'm also a "whoever Man Utd are playing" fan.

Do Leeds fans ignore that the Champions League is a thing?

They got to the semi final once y'know :w00t:

Bankrolled by invisilbe money, so it shouldn't really count, but still...

No other team has ever spent money they don't actually have... ever. Not one.

Besides most of the core of that team didn't cost us much (the only big transfers I can think of was Ferdinand [18m] who joined half way through that campaign and Viduka [6m]), it was the likes of Fowler and Johnson that we pissed away money on.

It was a joke, calm down.

To be fair, that's a bad angle. The defender's foot did catch Young's as he tried to pull away. It was theatrical, but I do think he fouled him.

A good game to win, that one. It means we can win the league with a win at the Etihad providing we beat Everton next Sunday, which won't be easy, but I'm sure we'll do the job.

That's the good angle if you ask me, its the one where Young actually seems interested in the football, the other one makes it look horrendous. Awful awful call, and he's quickly cementing a reputation.

I'm not being biased - it just looked as though Clark went to put a challenge in, then pulled away just after he'd made contact. The difference with the other angle is that you can see Clark making contact with Young much clearer ...though for those who are adamant he's conned the ref, it's Young making contact with Clark, I guess. shifty.gif

Whilst I thought it was a dive, I do agree with Baddar. Clark did put his leg out there, and drew it back (a) before Young caught him or (b) as Young caught him. To me, a bit hard to gauge. However, he looked for Clark with his leg, and dived. So yeah.

You are being bias. The contact was Young kicking Clark, as Clark moved away. Young had no interest in following the ball.

The way I've saw it, is that Young has tried to plant his foot and then dart towards the ball (the direction he's looking) - that's when the contact occurs and he goes down. For Young to turn towards the ball, the position his boot comes down looks natural to me, and Clark's foot was there. Yes, he tried pulling away, but the two players made contact.