The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

But Young is English and English people don't do that. Except Kevin Davies, Andy Carroll, Steven Gerrard.. :shifty:

EDIT: As I deride us English for maybe not being as fair as we should in our 'we don't cheat but the other nation's do' Jermaine Aliadiere goes down for Lorient in the box with no one within five foot of him looking for a penalty... We'll call it a wash... :P

Edited by IAceI

Ryan Taylor not happy on Twitter calling Ashley Young a disgrace, and even writing it in capitals to really drive his point home.

And relevant stat time: "Ashley Young has now own 8 penalties since the start of 2009-10 in the PL, twice as many as any other player." - Obviously these most recent two are the ones sticking out the most but I hadn't realised he had won quite as many as he has.

Yeh he goes down like a sack of shit quite alot of the time, same with Gerrard and his wonder dives (And Carroll with his fishflop of a dive against Newcastle). I wouldn't complain if they get decisions for us (who would? Football fan fickleness) like but its horrible when someone dives against you and they get a pen because of it.

Good performance in the first half, tailed off a bit at the end. The second goal was key, and Welbeck deserved it he's been our best player (bar Scholes of course) in the first half. Hope for a couple more goals in the second half and rest a couple of players.