The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

• Admin

GAZZ! COLLY! THAT PORTUGUESE GUY! WE'RE IN EUROPE NEXT SEASON :D

You already were? :P

West Brom: Foster, Jones, McAuley, Olsson, Ridgewell, Brunt, Mulumbu, Dorrans, Thomas, Fortune, Odemwingie.

Subs: Daniels, Andrews, Long, Shorey, Dawson, Cox, Scharner.

QPR: Kenny, Onuoha, Ferdinand, Hill, Taiwo, Barton, Diakite, Derry, Mackie, Zamora, Taarabt.

Subs: Cerny, Gabbidon, Traore, Buzsaky, Young, Helguson, Wright-Phillips.

Referee: Jon Moss (W Yorkshire)

Sunderland: Mignolet, Bardsley, Turner, Kilgallon, Richardson, Larsson, Gardner, Colback, McClean, Bendtner, Sessegnon.

Subs: Westwood, Bridge, Campbell, Vaughan, Ji, Meyler, Kyrgiakos.

Wolverhampton: Hennessey, Forde, Stearman, Berra, Ward, Kightly, Davis, Henry, Fletcher, Foley, Ebanks-Blake.

Subs: De Vries, Edwards, Johnson, Jarvis, Jonsson, Zubar, Doyle.

Referee: Mike Jones (Cheshire)

I already commented in the cup thread, but yep, big Andys pretty much guaranteed it there. Love it. Just need a promotion so I can afford to ruddy go, looking forward to Thursday night home games though.

I already commented in the cup thread, but yep, big Andys pretty much guaranteed it there. Love it. Just need a promotion so I can afford to ruddy go, looking forward to Thursday night home games though.

The Champions League plays on Tuesdays and Wednesdays

• Like 2

The Champions League plays on Tuesdays and Wednesdays

I didn't want to tempt fate, you jerk!

• Admin
Jonas Olsson has injured his groin during warm-up, so Craig Dawson comes in for West Brom in a late change for the Baggies. Following the midweek hammering by Manchester City, West Brom boss Roy Hodgons also brings in Peter Odemwingie, Gareth McAuley, Marc-Antoine Fortune, Chris Brunt, Liam Ridgewell and Jerome Thomas. There is just the one switch for Rangers with Shaun Derry replacing Akos Buzsaky.

Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini, after seeing his side hammer Norwich 6-1 at Carrow Road:"I think we did well without Carlos for four or five months, but I'm sure if we had Carlos with Sergio Aguero, Edin Dzeko and Mario Balotelli we would have scored more goals."

Asked if the title race was still on, Mancini said (again): "It's finished."

Also, three matches; three screens. Working weekends can sometimes be good!!

Given Spurs' form and Chelsea's packed fixture list... it's possible that they'll buckle and we'll overtake them.

However I can also think of an evil scenario that would end up with us coming 4th and then Chelsea winning the Champions League :(

It will never happen, but winning the Champions League whilst finishing below a 4th-placed Spurs (just because) is every Chelsea fan's dream. We would spend the entire summer laughing.

• Admin
Here's some stats reflecting what happened at the bottom of the table today, courtesy of Infostrada Sports:

Wolves ended a run of conceding in 30 Premier League matches in a row, and kept a first clean sheet since 27 August (against Aston Villa).

Blackburn's defeat by Swansea meant Rovers have lost their fifth consecutive top-flight match - their worst losing run since a six-match streak under Paul Ince from November to December 2008 - a run which saw him sacked.

And West Brom's win over QPR means the Baggies reached 40 points in consecutive top-flight seasons for the first time since 1983/1984 (51 points) and 1984/1985 (55 points).