The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

• Admin

I need Villa to lose to make me feel better about our ineptness. Sorry Summ, brench, berober etc.

Aston Villa: Given, Hutton, Collins, Baker, Lichaj, Bannan, Ireland, Herd, Warnock, Weimann, Agbonlahor.

Subs: Guzan, N'Zogbia, Heskey, Cuellar, Johnson, Gardner, Carruthers.

Stoke: Begovic, Shotton, Shawcross, Huth, Wilson, Delap, Palacios, Whitehead, Etherington, Walters, Jones.

Subs: Sorensen, Fuller, Pennant, Upson, Crouch, Jerome, Woodgate.

Referee: Mike Dean (Wirral)

If you haven't seen it already I urge you to make the effort to see Ben Arfas goal. Absolutely rinsed three players and then a cheeky toepoke finish, did barely anything else all game but who cares frankly. He did nearly follow it up five minutes later with a similar run, this time including putting the ref on his arse, but played in an offside Cisse. Great work from Shola for the second too.

Actually delighted our Chelsea game was postponed for the cup next week too, a poor result there could ruin this run, as it stands we've got Stoke next at home (still not easy) and Wigan away, so god knows where we could be by the time of the rescheduled game. Loving this season.

Tonight Chelsea will go fourth if they a) win by a margin of 2 goals or more, or b) win by 1 goal having scored at least 3.

Yes, the goal difference/goals scored are that close with Spurs. :shifty:

I fear Dempsey though, so...yeah. Perhaps our luck will run out.