The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

Mancini should get another season despite the way the final third has gone.

Tevez is gone no matter what, and as much as I love him, 22 yellows and 4 reds in 50-something games AS A STRIKER is not good and Mario might need to leave.

I've not been watching as I have Spanish football on, but followed on twitter, I assume Arsenal fans did a mock 'Poznan' celebration? But did a commentator really refer to it as 'City's famous Poznan?'??

They've been doing it for weeks, last one was 'The Poznan there, as made famous by Man City'. Yeah, that explains why its called 'The City' then.

I've not been watching as I have Spanish football on, but followed on twitter, I assume Arsenal fans did a mock 'Poznan' celebration? But did a commentator really refer to it as 'City's famous Poznan?'??

They've been doing it for weeks, last one was 'The Poznan there, as made famous by Man City'. Yeah, that explains why its called 'The City' then.

Haha, bless them. I wonder if they think 'Poznan' is a foreign word for 'facing backwards and jumping' then.

Balotelli has to go now. This is ridiculous. Perhaps if Mancini had more time to spend on making his team capable of winning the title, rather than having to deal with ludicrous issues from Balotelli and Tevez, then City would be a place higher in the table. I hope he keeps his job because he's doing a very good job overall.

On the subject of Mario, can the FA still punish him even though he got sent off later on? I would assume they can, but the FA like to make things as obtuse as possible.

He'll get a one match ban for the red (or is it two because of his previous sending off this season) and if they cite him for that tackle, that's got to be five at least because of the stamp on Parker being taken into consideration.

To be honest, I'm amazed Mancini started him, he's been a liability and beyond useless for a good month at least.

• Admin

I think that it's his third red

Mancini basically just said that he hopes the FA look back and ban Balotelli for his tackle.

Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini: "[is it over?] No. In football, it is never finished until it is over. For this reason I always believe that we can do it. We have had a fantastic season and we need to finish well.

"From the bench I didn't see the first tackle but now I have seen it and Mario deserved a red card after 10 minutes. But it took until the last few minutes for him to get sent off. I am very sorry for him. I don't have any words for his behaviour. I love him, he is a fantastic player, I love him as a guy but he needs to change or he can lose everything. I am disappointed in him. He is young and he continues to make mistakes.

"Today we have 15 points more than last year, clearly it is difficult to win the title but we can hope that they lose some points before the derby. After that we will see. In the last month we have had problems with injuries but we need to improve more. For 28 or 29 games we did well but there are 18 points to play for. Never say never."

Don't know of anyone caught Goals on Sunday this morning, but if Ivanovic isn't given a retrospective ban for a kidney punch that's clearly visible just before Chelsea break for the winner I'll be stunned.

You can have a group of super talented players but if they don't work as a cohesive unit then it is easy for a team to self destruct like City have this season. A modern day Galaticos situation. City need to get rid of Balotelli and Tevez next season and keep Mancini though.