The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

So a lot of people on my Facebook were quick to chastise Vieira for calling out the "referee home bias" at Old Trafford. Now? They are all pretty silent when I mention it. Terrible decision. Terrible theatrics.

I've got one essentially bragging about it: "Hahaha no way was that a penalty. WE'RE MAN UNITED, WE DO WHAT WE WANT"... cunt.

• Admin

Wow. Never a pen. Or a red - but it has beem their discipline which has cost QPR this season; that's their 7th dismissal (not that it was one).

Here is an interesting stat - Rooney's penalty means that United have now scored in their last 46 home Premier League fixtures, equalling a record set by Arsenal between 2001 and 2003. United last failed to score in a 1-0 defeat to Aston Villa in December 2009.

He hasn't been as good as he was at the start of the season ever since he got that injury (Was it his ankle?)

• Admin
Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Arteta, Song, Walcott, Rosicky, Benayoun, van Persie.

Subs: Fabianski, Andre Santos, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Ramsey, Djourou, Jenkinson, Chamakh.

Man City: Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy, Toure Yaya, Barry, Milner, Aguero, Nasri, Balotelli.

Subs: Pantilimon, Richards, Pizarro, Dzeko, Kolarov, Tevez, de Jong.

Referee: Martin Atkinson (W Yorkshire)

Arsenal make just one change from the side beaten at QPR last weekend, as Yossi Benayoun comes into midfield in place of Wales captain Aaron Ramsey. There are six changes for Manchester City, with ex-Gunners Gael Clichy and Samir Nasri back for what will not be a welcome return. With no David Silva in the side, City's creative hopes may rest on Nasri's shoulders, though they do have the predatory Sergio Aguero back up front alongside Mario Balotelli.

Silva not even in the squad, a knee injury apparently.

No arguments from me in today's United game. Was offside, wasn't a foul and therefore shouldn't have been a red card.

But, still three points, still getting closer to #20. Just hope Arsenal can get something out of this game now.

Oh and I have no idea how Welbeck gets ahead of Hernandez at the minute.