The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

• Admin

But at least they have a nice new shiny stand! :)

I think parting company with McCarthy was certainly the correct move. But it should have been done earlier in the season and they should have actually replaced him properly!!

Steve Morgan has had a nightmare. McCarthy had done a great job for Wolves over the years and has been in relegation situations numerous times and then not being able to get in a good replacement in due to their manager search being a huge farce has pretty much sealed their fate.

But at least they have a nice new shiny stand! :)

I think parting company with McCarthy was certainly the correct move. But it should have been done earlier in the season and they should have actually replaced him properly!!

Maybe it was, but as you said horrible timing and the fiasco after is what defines in. Horrible decision on the replacement. They should have done it sooner, got a real manager to take over and take a chance on survival.

I do think it all hinges on that hunt for a new manager. They failed miserably to entice both Brian McDermott and Alan Curbishley to take over, astounding really since Curbs isn't even employed anyway. Then they passed on Steve Bruce, leaving them stuck with Terry Connor. The poor bloke has been thrown right in at the deep end and they've got no chance. Mick was sacked after that awful 1-5 defeat to West Brom, and since then they've somehow managed to go backwards nearly every week. A shame that is because I like Wolves and have always wanted them to become an established Premier League side.

Just got back in from the cinema, but why the hell has Sky picked Chelsea/Wigan for its Game of the Day? By all conceivable measurements the match was terrible.

We spent most of the first half cheering a pigeon FFS!

Chelsea are one of the three 'big' teams who played today and they're the only one who won. I guess they felt it was slim-pickings and didn't want to put a match in which a relegation threatened side got well beaten as GofD. The only other choice really is Norwich 2-2 Everton which is never gonna be put on first.