The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

• Admin
Chelsea: Cech, Ivanovic, Cahill, Luiz, Bertrand, Meireles, Essien, Sturridge, Mata, Malouda, Drogba.

Subs: Turnbull, Romeu, Torres, Mikel, Bosingwa, Ferreira, Kalou.

Wigan: al-Habsi, Alcaraz, Caldwell, Figueroa, Boyce, McCarthy, McArthur, Beausejour, Moses, di Santo, Maloney.

Subs: Kirkland, Crusat, Watson, Gomez, Sammon, Diame, Stam.

Referee: Mike Jones (Cheshire)

Liverpool: Doni, Flanagan, Carragher, Skrtel, Jose Enrique, Henderson, Gerrard, Shelvey, Downing, Suarez, Kuyt.

Subs: Jones, Agger, Carroll, Maxi, Coates, Spearing, Bellamy.

Aston Villa: Given, Hutton, Collins, Baker, Warnock, Lichaj, Ireland, Herd, Bannan, Heskey, Agbonlahor.

Subs: Guzan, Weimann, Stevens, Johnson, Williams, Gardner, Carruthers.

Referee: Michael Oliver (Northumberland)

West Brom: Foster, Jones, McAuley, Olsson, Ridgewell, Dorrans, Mulumbu, Andrews, Odemwingie, Fortune, Brunt.

Subs: Daniels, Tchoyi, Long, Shorey, Dawson, Cox, Scharner.

Blackburn: Robinson, Orr, Dann, Hanley, Martin Olsson, Lowe, N'Zonzi, Dunn, Pedersen, Hoilett, Yakubu.

Subs: Kean, Givet, Modeste, Formica, Petrovic, Marcus Olsson, Goodwillie.

Referee: Lee Probert (Wiltshire)

Bolton: Bogdan, Ricketts, Wheater, Ream, Alonso, Mark Davies, Reo-Coker, Pratley, Miyaichi, N'Gog, Petrov.

Subs: Jaaskelainen, Steinsson, Eagles, Knight, Kevin Davies, Klasnic, Sordell.

Fulham: Schwarzer, Kelly, Hangeland, Hughes, John Arne Riise, Duff, Dembele, Diarra, Kacaniklic, Ruiz, Dempsey.

Subs: Stockdale, Baird, Senderos, Etuhu, Frei, Davies, Trotta.

Referee: Mike Dean (Wirral)

Norwich: Ruddy, Martin, Ryan Bennett, Ward, Drury, Elliott Bennett, Fox, Howson, Surman, Hoolahan, Holt.

Subs: Steer, Johnson, Morison, Crofts, Jackson, Wilbraham, Naughton.

Everton: Howard, Hibbert, Jagielka, Distin, Baines, Neville, Gibson, Pienaar, Gueye, Jelavic, Cahill.

Subs: Mucha, Heitinga, Stracqualursi, McFadden, Coleman, Fellaini, Anichebe.

Referee: Andre Marriner (W Midlands)

Was so tempted to put a quid on Heskey first goalscorer.

Instead: Kuyt 1st Goalscorer and 2-0 Liverpool will get me 23 quid and also in my accumulator I've got Liverpool/Stoke/Everton/Chelsea.

Liverpool team to face Villa:

Doni, Flanagan, Carragher, Skrtel, Enrique, Gerrard, Henderson, Shelvey, Downing, Kuyt, Suarez.

Subs: Jones, Bellamy, Carroll, Maxi, Spearing, Agger, Coates.

The good news is Danny Agger is on the bench. I'd much rather Maxi play than Henderson but Kenny seems to like Jordan Henderson's talent for not really doing anything for entire games.

Good to see Flanagan getting a start.

He's started the last two games.

At this point, Carragher still getting games ahead of Coates is a joke. He's a massive liability who spreads panic throughout the rest of the defence, dragging them 10 yards deeper than they need to be. Sterling should be on the bench as well, he looked good in his cameo against Wigan - far more threatening than Downing has all season - and given that Kenny's made it clear Maxi will be off at the end of the season we might as well look to give some minutes to a player who might actually have a future at the club.

Agreed, I'd love to see Sterling on the bench more often (any players with pace like his are always welcome) and Carragher in the squad less, he's, ugh... I want him to just go away. I'm saddened that Maxi is apparently on the way out if that's the case, I've always liked him.

Liverpool team to face Villa:

Doni, Flanagan, Carragher, Skrtel, Enrique, Gerrard, Henderson, Shelvey, Downing, Kuyt, Suarez.

Subs: Jones, Bellamy, Carroll, Maxi, Spearing, Agger, Coates.

The good news is Danny Agger is on the bench. I'd much rather Maxi play than Henderson but Kenny seems to like Jordan Henderson's talent for not really doing anything for entire games.

Good to see Flanagan getting a start.

He's started the last two games.

At this point, Carragher still getting games ahead of Coates is a joke. He's a massive liability who spreads panic throughout the rest of the defence, dragging them 10 yards deeper than they need to be. Sterling should be on the bench as well, he looked good in his cameo against Wigan - far more threatening than Downing has all season - and given that Kenny's made it clear Maxi will be off at the end of the season we might as well look to give some minutes to a player who might actually have a future at the club.

Agreed, I'd love to see Sterling on the bench more often (any players with pace like his are always welcome) and Carragher in the squad less. I'm saddened that Maxi is apparently on the way out if that's the case, I've always liked him.

Yeah I like Maxi, and would much rather have him seen him starting than Downing, but if he's off then there's not much point letting him take up a place on the bench ahead of a promising youngster. It would be different if Kenny had shown a desire to use him as an option, but generally he just seems to be there to make up the numbers.

Liverpool may have been denied a goal, then Chris Herd capitalizes on shitty defending to score a goal. Same old, same old.

You'll win. You're welcome.

Thought that about Wigan and after being 2-0 up against QPR. We'll find a way to fuck it up

Well done Doni, good flapping at the cross. Although we should have had a pen right after the goal.

No but he could have dealt with the cross instead of flapping at it. Someone should have been on Herd obviously and tbf to him he wasn't gonna stop the strike from Herd but flapping at the cross like that isn't exactly ideal.

This ref is shite as well....

That's his default setting I'm afraid.

Start of the half and the end of the half were good for us, it was just the middle that was awful. <_<

Hendo: 0 tackles attempted. 0 aerial duels attempted. 79% of passes back or sideways. 0 chances created = 45 mins of anonymity

Henderson's stats. I think he's got potential but he's been like this all season and it doesn't help.