The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

• Admin
0909: Newcastle United managing director Derek Llambias has admitted he and owner Mike Ashley still call the club's ground St James' Park, rather than the Sports Direct Arena. Llambias told the Times: "Do you think me and Mike call it the Sports Direct Arena? We call it St James' Park, because it is St James' Park."

lol.

That email was from the premier league!

Dear Subscriber,

We recently sent a test email in error to supporters who have registered an interest in ticket availability and fixture changes on premierleague.com.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused by this.

The ticket availability and fixture change services will be fully functioning very soon, and we hope you find this helpful when planning your next match.

Kind regards,

Premier League Supporter Services

Not good enough! :angry:

I think most reserve games are behind closed doors anyway, this only reinforces that decision. Actually almost went last night but really glad I didn't bother, first hand accounts I've heard say it wasn't as bad as being reported though. Two cardboard signs pulled down and some twats being twats.

Between that and Darlo in the Summer though I'm looking less forward to the day I take my kids to the cheap games that used to be ideal first matches. No way I'm giving up my amazing seat to move to the family enclosure...

How can you not like Bolo Zenden. Liked him when he was at us, just happened to pick up some bad injuries during his Liverpool career and I hope he plays well for Blackburn.

What Paul McGrath said about Glen Johnson was silly. He essentially asserted the idea that the colour of your skin is what should dictate how you behave.

I also noticed that nobody thought to think that perhaps, as is usually the case with stuff like this, Glen Johnson was only speaking on the matter because the interviewing journalist asked him. Which is precisely what the paper said. It isn't like he just said "You know what I want to discuss? How my friend Luis is not a racist. I just love to stir it up."

I also noticed that nobody thought to think that perhaps, as is usually the case with stuff like this, Glen Johnson was only speaking on the matter because the interviewing journalist asked him. Which is precisely what the paper said. It isn't like he just said "You know what I want to discuss? How my friend Luis is not a racist. I just love to stir it up."

I can vaguely live with 'I don't think he's a racist', but 'Evra didn't want to shake his hand'? Really Glen?

Just because you were asked something doesn't mean you have to talk shite.