The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

• Admin
Newcastle United’s Nile Ranger, Walsall’s Manny Smith and Manchester United’s Federico Macheda, currently on loan at Queens Park Rangers, have all been charged with improper conduct in relation to comments made on Twitter.

The charge is that the players acted in a way which was improper and/or brought the game into disrepute.

It is further alleged that the breach included a reference to a person’s or persons’ sexual orientation.

Each has until 4pm on Wednesday 29 February 2012 to respond to the charge.

-TheFA.com

What did they do?

Probably be a typical dickhead footballer calling someone a fag or something along those lines.

Yeh I don't think Villa will go down but will be in a tough nervy battle. Wigan/Bolton/Wolves/QPR it'll be three of them four who go down.

Spurs hace recalled Adam Smith from his loan with us due to Kyle Walker's injury. So that's Delph, Townsend and Smith all here for less than 2 months... suddenly our "massive squad" doesn't look so big. Anyway, yeah, Smith was alright for us by all accounts but he'd probably struggle if Spurs needed to play him.

Newcastle could do with offloading Ranger (he's not going to be a Premier League striker of any note and with his disciple problems will probably fall down the leagues) and Alan Smith who the still have for no raisin! But at least the managed to send Smith off on loan.

Rangers awful on the field and off the field. He must be on a decent amount of money for the club just not to think "fuck it let him go"

Apparently he meant to say guy instead of gay, which could make sense, though it's quite likely he's just saying that to try to cover himself. While it was yet another average comment in the long line of them (See Clarkson), he amongst so many others should know that everything is always blown out of proportion nowadays.

I think people need to grasp the fact they're putting written statements out every time they 'tweet'. It's not the evils of Twitter, its divs not paying attention. They wouldn't put a statement in the paper saying 'I hate the gays me like', so they shouldn't do the same online, simple as that.

Blown out of proportion maybe, but easy to be charged for because the evidence is available to everyone.