The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

Looks like I'll be watching a Blackburn game today then :w00t:.

Not going to steal Lineker's job, but we get Balotelli tonight! Woo. Surprised to see Aguero start but I doubt City want to look too lightly on a side that have no form either way. They can beat you or they can make you look like world beaters. I'm hoping it's not the latter, even if I'm not a fan of Rovers. An on form Yak is always good to see, too. But Aguero, Yaya, Silva and Johnson are probably going to terrorise the Blackburn defence so hopefully City can extend their lead at the top to five points, pending United's game tomorrow.

Interesting note from today's Chelsea game: Meireles got quite substantially booed when his name was read out for the subs bench, which I hadn't heard before.

Everyone still loves Torres though, bless his cotton socks.

Has Meireles actually done much for Chelsea? I mean with us he put in the odd good performance problem I had with him though was his wimping out of tackles and generally fading after he'd been on for an hour.

He had, like, a good run of four or five games near the end of last season for us but most of the time he was fairly meh. So this doesn't shock me.