The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

Ah, so that is why they were bringing in a scale replica of the new stadium into the council chambers on Friday. The model was being brought in by a two porters, one was a spurs fan and the other was a hammers fan and they were arguing about football. And then I argued about the Stratford stadium with the West Ham fan dry.gif

To a point he's a left winger yeah, in the sense that no other team in the top leagues seems to play to such formation rigidity as we do. One of those left wingers, left forward type of players who largely does what he wants and doesn't care too much for that defending malarky. From what I've seen of him anyways, which is sadly not as much as I wish.

Just a little extra insight on feelings towards Tevez from some City legends. Seems they agree with the fans (and everyone for that matter) in that he shouldn't play.

Carlos Tevez's return to Manchester City could be damaging to dressing-room morale at the club, according to former goalkeeper Joe Corrigan.

Tevez, who arrived in Manchester on Tuesday, has been in Argentina without City's permission since 7 November.

"I hope he doesn't get the chance to play," Corrigan told BBC Sport. "It will all boil down to whether the player and manager Roberto Mancini can come to an agreement, but no-one is bigger than the club." Former England international Corrigan spent 16 years at City and helped the club win the European Cup Winners' Cup in 1970. He was also part of the team that finished runners-up in the top flight in 1976-77.

Tevez, 28, has not played since manager Mancini accused the striker of refusing to come off the bench against Bayern Munich on 27 September. City were second in the Premier League table at the time but have since gone top. They lead the table by two points from Manchester United with 13 games remaining.

"Since the Tevez situation reared its head the team spirit has increased, which has been proven by them digging in and getting results," continued Corrigan. "[Tevez] looked ridiculous the way he was acting. He has not been missed in my opinion."

Meanwhile, former City winger Dennis Tueart said that he was surprised with Tevez's remarks on the eve of his return, when he accused Mancini of treating him "like a dog".

"When you're trying to build bridges, I'd suggest that's not the best way of doing it," said Tueart.

Former City chairman and player Francis Lee said that Tevez would not be forgiven if he hurt dressing room morale. "You can't have people making trouble in the dressing room when you've got the tremendous spirit that City have now," said Lee. "That type of player - and one or two of the others he's let go - would be contrary to what you're trying to build.

"I'm sure that Patrick Vieira, who was a great player, is Mancini's eyes and ears in the dressing room.

"If he came back and destroyed the team spirit that they've got now, which would probably win them the Premier League, then nobody would forgive him."

Kevin Parker, general secretary of the Manchester City Supporters Club, added that many fans did not want Tevez back at the club. "Most fans don't want him around the place but it's a difficult one as the club have no choice because he's contracted," said Parker, who travelled to the Bayern Munich game in September when the controversy erupted.

"After everything that happened in Munich, we all thought he would never play again.

"He needs to make a number of apologies - to the manager and his team-mates. Then he needs to publicly apologise to the supporters whether it is a press conference or in the form of a statement.

"But I'll still be surprised, even if Tevez apologises, if he ends up in the team or on the bench."

"Tottenham have agreed a deal to sign Brazil Under 20 captain Bruno Uvini — even though the window is closed.

Sportsmail exclusively revealed last month that Spurs were keen to bring in the centre half, 20, but were struggling to complete the paperwork in time.

However, they have struck agreement with his club Sao Paulo to take him on loan now with view to a permanent £3.1million transfer in the summer.

This arrangement means Uvini, who will fly in to London today, will be unable to play but will use the rest of the season to come to terms with English football.

The defender, who has also been pursued by Arsenal and Genoa, said: ‘It’s a great opportunity that came up and I couldn’t let it pass me by.

'Tottenham are a big club with worldwide exposure and they’ve asked me to present myself.

‘I have just over three months to adapt to English football, to the club and the culture. I will grow up a lot in my professional and personal life.’"

The Brazilian Under 20 captain? A young defender? A few months to get used to living and training in England?

Yeah that'll do.