The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

Just a point, but had the Liverpool players gone to their own travelling fans and clapped their support that second daft fracas by the tunnel wouldn't have happened.

I'd argue that the Liverpool players should have been headed towards their fans to applaud them for their support, rather than heading straight for the tunnel (Y)

I agree.

I'd argue that the Liverpool players should have been headed towards their fans to applaud them for their support, rather than heading straight for the tunnel (Y)

All 1000 in the nosebleed section? <_<

Doesn't make a difference how many there are!

Could make a difference where they are, though? To applaud their support they'd have to do so in front of Man United fans, and would then inevitably get accused of 'inciting' opposition supporters themselves.

John Barnes on Radio 4. Interesting listen, given what he went through and his reaction to it.

• Admin

Perhaps. Have Liverpool done it in the past when they've won at OT and gotten away with doing it?

(AP) - Aston Villa defender Richard Dunne has been ruled out for up to two months after breaking his right collar bone in the Premier League match against Manchester City.

Heard Barnes on talkSport last night. Very itneresting, passionate stuff.

That article that Metalman posted yesterday was rather interesting to read though, does raise quite a few good points.

There are a few interesting opinions on this from former players and individuals who have written blogs from a neutral point of view.

Also dunno whether to put this in here or the England thread but Redknapp believes Scholes should be in the Euro 2012 squad. That and either Parker or Gerrard should be England captain going on to say

"Scotty is a fantastic boy, he's a family man, he loves his football, he trains well, he plays well, he gets on with the job, he's not a minute's problem.

"He's not a Billy big-time. He's just a great boy and that's what you need in your football club if you're going to do anything.

Gotta agree with him tbh them two are the obvious candidates and the other could easily be vice-captain.

SSN doing a massive bit about pre match handshakes. Apparently the home team should always be the team that walks along the line and 'initiates' the handshake, Phil Dowd made Liverpool do it on Saturday, all other Premiership games this weekend the home team did it. How boring.

SSN doing a massive bit about pre match handshakes. Apparently the home team should always be the team that walks along the line and 'initiates' the handshake, Phil Dowd made Liverpool do it on Saturday, all other Premiership games this weekend the home team did it. How boring.

Between hearing that and being ill on Friday when I ended up watching Bargain Hunt (they both ended up in profit surprisingly, for what it's worth) it's then I realise that while my job is rather mundane - it at least gets me out of the house. :)

That's generally the kind of thing SSN does though.

Between hearing that and being ill on Friday when I ended up watching Bargain Hunt (they both ended up in profit surprisingly, for what it's worth) it's then I realise that while my job is rather mundane - it at least gets me out of the house. :)

I'm starting a new job in a few weeks as the project I'm on is winding down to death (lesson learned, never be the last one to leave), so I've been working from home doing rubbish archiving and random mopping up work for weeks. Worked out really well timing wise combined with paternity, but I'm actually going mental. I will miss The Wright Stuff though.