The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

Cue the media blaming De Gea.

On the FOX pregame, Piers Morgan called him the worst keeper in the Premier League!

My aunty's dog knows more about football than Piers Morgan.

Piers Morgan has used his influence as a celebrity and the fact that he is English to essentially bully himself into these situations where he gets to write these really poor and ill informed opinion columns and give his say in his new found home and the like and people just buy it and assume he's correct. The man is a colossal tool, massively biased Arsenal fan - to the point his bias makes his opinions almost invalid he's so blinded by it - and he's just a detestable person in general.

Nothing de Gea could have done about that goal, if he came any earlier he was inviting Sturridge to stick it in the near post himself. The commentators almost sounded like they were accusing de Gea with their "it certainly didn't help Evans when the ball deflected off his goalkeeper" remark, but maybe that's just me noticing everything about de Gea sounds negative at the minute. He's made some decent saves, done well enough on the corners and did the right thing on their goal, it just wasn't enough to stop the cross into the box.

I think Man Utd will still score though, they look dangerous and can control the ball well a lot of the time. Will be an interesting second half.

Guest mr. potato head

Piers Morgan has used his influence as a celebrity and the fact that he is English to essentially bully himself into these situations where he gets to write these really poor and ill informed opinion columns and give his say in his new found home and the like and people just buy it and assume he's correct. The man is a colossal tool, massively biased Arsenal fan - to the point his bias makes his opinions almost invalid he's so blinded by it - and he's just a detestable person in general.

Nothing de Gea could have done about that goal, if he came any earlier he was inviting Sturridge to stick it in the near post himself. The commentators almost sounded like they were accusing de Gea with their "it certainly didn't help Evans when the ball deflected off his goalkeeper" remark, but maybe that's just me noticing everything about de Gea sounds negative at the minute. He's made some decent saves, done well enough on the corners and did the right thing on their goal, it just wasn't enough to stop the cross into the box.

I think Man Utd will still score though, they look dangerous and can control the ball well a lot of the time. Will be an interesting second half.

FOX actually introduces him as an Arsenal fan, which is an extremely odd thing to say about a sports analyst. Doesn't change that most people in this thread could give better analysis.

Though he did just say Newcastle could finish fourth :lol:

I can't believe the logic of these fans that are booing Rio Ferdinand. It's pretty stupid.

I could think of reasons to boo Ferdinand but I'm pretty sure the reason he's being booed is the really fucking retarded one.