The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

Cracking finish that by Cisse.

Team news:

United: De Gea, Rafael, Evans, Ferdinand, Evra, Valencia, Carrick, Giggs, Young, Welbeck, Rooney

Subs: Amos, Fabio, Pogba, Park, Berbatov, Hernandez, Scholes

Chelsea: Cech, Ivanovic, Cahill, Luiz, Bosingwa, Essien, Meireles, Malouda, Sturridge, Torres, Mata.

Subs: Turnbull, Fereira, Bertrand, Hutchinson, Romeu, Piazon, Lukaku

Edited by Starvinho

A beautiful mis-hit from Cisse.

Gotta say, McLeish is, er, an idiot.

We've took N'Zo off for Heskey. That says it all. I can't fathom his brain patterns. Bannan is playing wide right, not even sure who's wide left (Heskey? Keane? Do they know..?).

It's just tactical ineptness.

Heskey is playing the Heskey role. Just try to run about the pitch at a really slow pace and be generally shit.

Don't get why N'Zogbia got took off. First half it was a pretty even game but I really do believe that taking off N'Zogbia has not helped Villa in the slightest.

Yeah, he's been really good since he's come on. An exciting player who's already put himself about - can't understand some of the decisions he's making. Martinez is probably going to regret not taking the Villa job, and I'm sure you'd have much rather had Martinez anyway.

I think Martinez would have been a good manager for Villa, plays a good style of football (Shame he's at a team that can't really effectively use that good style of football in Wigan, but don't blame him considering the loyalty him and Dave Whelan have with each other).

Newcastle have certainly put the pressure on Chelsea and put it on us for tomorrow. Chelsea really need to be picking up points here to try and build a gap while we need to gain ground on Newcastle and Arsenal both winning.

Martinez would have been better than Eck. He likes his teams to play. Wigan also have a good scouting system I'd have liked to see him bring over. Hopefully when we get the shit off the wagebill we can rebuild a decent team.. I hope it isn't under McLeish. He's just not good enough. As a bloke, he's alright.. But he's out of his depth.

Definite foul on Welbeck there by Cahill. Nothing given.

Wasn't a penalty though, it was outside the box. But yeah, should've been a free kick and at least a yellow (can't remember if anyone was covering or not).