The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

Very soft penalty, Johnson was really looking for that.

He sweeps the leg! The second point is highly debatable, whilst I'd be likely to agree since most players will take any touch in the box, there aren't any pointers that he dived. His foot got hooked and Baird got nothing on the ball.

Edit: Cheers Starv, gonna enjoy me some football, UFC, and anything else I can get out of ESPN this weekend.

Edited by Devil In Jouzy City

I think City should win quite comfortably today, Fulham have a very poor away record and City will be looking to bounce back from midweek. I'll go 3-0.

Should have put some money on that! Spirited performance from Fulham but City were too strong today.

Was never a sending off today for Huth against us. Even in the ground I thought it was a yellow. But for Pulis to come out and start blame in David Meyler, well, I've always thought he was pretty classless and I won't change my mind now. Blame the referee if you think he made the wrong decision but blaming Meyler for continuing to bring in this "playacting disease" is just wrong, and makes him seem sad.

Still, a good win in some horrible conditions that delayed my trip home by some stretch. Well worth it for the three points mind. The party with Marty rolls on.

He has seemed like he's been spiralling this season. Maybe failing at Swansea, only to see Brendan Rogers boss the philosophy he put in place, tipped him over the edge.

How did Martinez fail at Swansea? He won promotion from League 1 to the Championship in his first full season, then was on the brink of doing it again in his first season at the second tier! And this was with no managerial experience!

I know the rule is effectively 'raise your hands and you're off', but I do think that red was harsh on Cisse. Nasty challenge that in this day and age could easily have been red, and all he's actually done is grabbed his chin rather than the throat grab its being classed as. Bit petulant, but for that to be charged as violent conduct is daft.

QPRs goal was glorious too, great passes from Taarabt, Cisse and SWP with a neat finish. Stick that in the February thread from me please.

Edit: Adam Johnson discussion on diving vs 'anticipating contact' was enlightening to say the least...

Edited by Colly

He has seemed like he's been spiralling this season. Maybe failing at Swansea, only to see Brendan Rogers boss the philosophy he put in place, tipped him over the edge.

How did Martinez fail at Swansea? He won promotion from League 1 to the Championship in his first full season, then was on the brink of doing it again in his first season at the second tier! And this was with no managerial experience!

I'm just larkin' around jack, cool off :P. That being said, he hasn't had anywhere near the same joy with Wigan - although who would >_>? - and I just hope Wigan stick with him when/if they get relegated.