The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

Stewart Downing and Jordan Henderson return for Liverpool v Man City this afternoon - listen live online from 3.30pm GMT.

The Reds team in full is: Reina, Johnson, Enrique, Skrtel, Agger, Lucas, Adam, Henderson, Downing, Kuyt, Suarez. Subs: Doni, Kelly, Carragher, Maxi, Coates, Spearing, Carroll.

• Admin

Immaculately observed minutes silence also for Luca Jones, son of Liverpool keeper Brad Jones, who lost his battle with leukemia earlier this month.

What a shitty month for footballers, when you include the German ref who attempted suicide earlier this week.

McLeish out. Absolutely useless.

Is there any anger towards Lerner for hiring him?

Massive. Most fans can't understand why certain decisions were made. I didn't like the whole 'he hired a bluenose' bullshit. McLeish's past job doesn't bother me. It's his complete failings as a manager at this level that are the issue. Our board has no football man on it. It's made up of business-minds and it's far too obvious.

There are quiet rumours he (Lerner) is looking for investment or perhaps considering selling. I don't think he'll sell. I do think he has a passion for the club.. I just think he's needed to reign in his spending, which is okay. It's the decisions that have been made while he's done that, that have infuriated people. McLeish was a ridiculous appointment at the time.. even moreso now.

I honestly don't think Lerner will sack him unless things get REALLY bad, because he'll feel like he needs to back his decision and hope it works out - and that really worries me. I'd rather seen Kevin MacDonald and Sid take up the reigns for the rest of the season while the board (after employing two football brains, with one preferably having a link with the club) finds the right man to take us forward. The were strong, strong rumours that Quiche Flores wanted the Villa job. If that was true, it makes McLeish even stranger.