The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

I hate the fact that everyone seems to be banging on about goal difference. City are already 6+ and if the points do level out then their goal difference will have only increased. It won't even be close, even if the points are.

1738: "There is only one Roy Hodgson" echoes round Anfield from the away fans' end.

:lol:

I'm glad there is only one of him. He's a twat.

You stick a top level striker in the Liverpool team for the last 35 games and surely they are in the top four? How many times have they dominated a game having two dozen or more chances and still ended up drawing or losing. They've won less home games this season than Blackburn.

Carroll can and will come good, probably never £35m good, but certainly a good Premier League forward. Give him actual chances and he'll score, as he's shown recently, stick him in front of Adam, Spearing and Henderson and he won't.

All I can say is thank fuck I decided to play footy instead of watching the game today, sounds like a typical Liverpool dominate and can't score to save themselves only for the other team to go and snatch a win. Can't wait for us to get someone who can finish :(

Also about Roy, He was never the right man for the job and made some baffling decisions such as trying to offload Agger and Lucas as well as playing some of the most negative football I've seen. I still like him plus he gives us so many comic moments such as Head Banger Woy or Face Wash Woy. I'm glad he's doing well at WBA but I just want this season to finish.....Just hoping we can win a cup double and not finish below 10th.

Some "stats" someone posted by someone else at a Villa forum I use..

18 - goals scored at home

4 - league wins at home

1891 - the last time we won fewer matches at home

Wolves - the 'list' of teams to win fewer games that us this season

Stoke - the "list" of teams with fewer shots on goal than us this season

Stoke, Swansea - the "list" of teams with fewer shots on target than us this season

Stoke - the "list" of teams with fewer successful passes than us this season.

Blackburn, Stoke - the "list" of teams with overall possession stats this season lower than Villa.

17 - the number of months since we scored from a corner in the league

1 - our longest win sequence in the league.

Lower gates than David O'Leary's final season.

McLeish is useless and on current form we're going down.

You stick a top level striker in the Liverpool team for the last 35 games and surely they are in the top four? How many times have they dominated a game having two dozen or more chances and still ended up drawing or losing. They've won less home games this season than Blackburn.

We didn't have a 'top level striker' in the second half of last season and had no problem scoring goals.