The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

he has more hair in that picture than he did ten years previously. peculiar.

Your hair doesn't grow longer as time goes by? :shifty:

I know Murphy as a Fulham player, I was confused when he was brought up in relation to Liverpool. I also didn't know his first name. It's not like I said, Pele? Who?

Liverpool signed Danny Murphy from Crewe in 1997 and he played for us until 2004.

Ahhh, fair enough then. I wasn't watching footie back then >_>.

And I'm sowwy metalman, we'd have been best buds forever and ever if I'd gone and you know it.

• Admin
Wolves have confirmed goalkeeper Wayne Hennessey will be out of action for around six months after rupturing his anterior cruciate knee ligament. "Our worst fears have been realised," said the Premier League club.

Read - if we weren't fucked before, we are now.

Also:

There's a belter for us by Christian Ziege against someone too, but I can't seem to track it down on Youtube :(

There's an ace comment on Sportsday Live on the beeb about how unfair it is for Carl Ikeme to be relegated twice in one season.

Unfair? The man should try being a good goalkeeper and then it may not happen!

Hey, even the best of goalkeepers can get relegated. For example, see you later Robinson! But you speak the truth, Ikeme is probably to you guys what Lee Grant is to us; useless!

Lee Grant's useless? I always thought he was great a Sheffield Wednesday. Granted the only time I've seen him play since then was last week against us.

And yes, Ikeme is quite the clanger. Good shot stopper but his errors have cost us big time this season. The one where he let a weak cross go through his legs and in to the net at Leicester the other week was the pinnacle.

Lee Grant's useless? I always thought he was great a Sheffield Wednesday. Granted the only time I've seen him play since then was last week against us.

And yes, Ikeme is quite the clanger. Good shot stopper but his errors have cost us big time this season. The one where he let a weak cross go through his legs and in to the net at Leicester the other week was the pinnacle.

Oh he's nowhere near great for Burnley. Granted (lolz, puns) he's had a better second half a season, but signing him was the beginning of the downfall of Brian Laws (although he was hardly going to compare to Coyle in fans' eyes). He just seems to miss the easy shots and tries extravagant saves when staying on your feet and jumping to the side would work just fine. The match against West Ham last year in a cup (forget which) was perfect example of that. 5-1 (IIRC) and most were tame efforts.

• Admin
Watch the shortlist for the best celebration in the Premier League 20 Seasons Awards - then visit premierleague.com to cast your vote.

The Premier League 20 Seasons Awards will see the greatest players, managers and moments from the past 20 years acknowledged, with five awards decided by a public vote and six by a panel of experts.

The shortlist for Best Premier League Celebration:

Sir Alex Ferguson and Brian Kidd, Manchester United v Sheffield Wednesday, 1992/93

Lee Sharpe, Manchester United v Arsenal, 1994/95

Jurgen Klinsmann, Sheffield Wednesday v Tottenham Hotspur, 1994/95

Eric Cantona, Manchester United v Sunderland, 1996/97

Temuri Ketsbaia, Newcastle United v Bolton Wanderers, 1997/98

Ian Wright and Neil Ruddock, West Ham United v Southampton, 1998/99

Steven Gerrard, Manchester United v Liverpool, 2008/09

Jimmy Bullard, Manchester City v Hull City, 2009/10

Lomana Lua-Lua, multiple occasions

Alan Shearer, multiple occasions

Fans can submit selections in the public vote categories by visiting premierleague.com until Monday 30th April.