The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

Whilst I can't think of a specific one off-hand, I'm surprised Nigel Martyn isn't on that list of saves, he used to pull off some phenomenal saves. He should've been on the goalkeepers list too.

Then again, looking at the lists for all the awards, I don't think whoever created the lists saw much football before 2002.

Whilst I can't think of a specific one off-hand, I'm surprised Nigel Martyn isn't on that list of saves, he used to pull off some phenomenal saves. He should've been on the goalkeepers list too.

Then again, looking at the lists for all the awards, I don't think whoever created the lists saw much football before 2002.

I'm almost certain of it. United smashing Arsenal and City smashing United aren't two of the "best ever games of football" from the Premiership.

I'm almost certain of it. United smashing Arsenal and City smashing United aren't two of the "best ever games of football" from the Premiership.

I'd agree, but then weirdly the goals one has Rooneys shinner from last year, then all the others are pre-2002.

Went partisan for match and chose the United-Arsenal game, Di Canio for goal, Lua Lua for celebration (how fucking Steven Gerrard, Wright/Ruddock or Klinsmann are on there is beyond me) and Cudicini for save.

boooooooooooooo. it's iconic. nobody actually talks about the others.

• Like 1

These are what I went with for the votes:

Game=

Liverpool 4-3 Newcastle

Goal=

Thierry Henry against United (Was stuck between Yeboah's and Le Tissier's against Blackburn went with Henry in the end)

Celebration=

Eric Cantona. Gotta agree with it being quite iconic in the Prem the amount of times you see that goal and celebration on highlight reels.

Save=

Jussi's against United. Reactions like a cat.

Team=

Some of the choices are a bit baffling in terms of people included (Riise, Lennon) and people who have been left out (Fowler, Hyypia, etc)

Went with Schmeichel, Dixon, Carragher, Terry, Cole, McManaman, Gerrard, Scholes, Ginola, Bergkamp, Henry.

Match:

I put Newcastle-Arsenal 4-4

Goal:

Bergkamp's vs Newcastle

Celebration:

Lua Lua, because I smile every time I see it cool.gif

Save:

Craig Gordon's bullet time save

Team:

I've forgotten a few already, mostly the defenders, but I had Schmiechel, McGrath, Campbell, Scholes, Giggs, Shearer and Henry that I do remember.

My top three goals are probably all Le Tissier. :w00t:

Or Tony Yeboah.

The best match was when Southampton put 5 past Man Utd (unlisted).....Or the Tottenham come-back against Arsenal - I've never gone quite so crazy.

You're being kind. I believe it was 6. (6-3, the game with the grey/white and blue stripes kits)