The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

Villa are still a bigger and better side than most in the league. We'd have no issue finding a replacement assuming our board remove their head from their asses.

MON's available.

MON's always available when his boyhood club comes calling.

Villa are still a bigger and better side than most in the league. We'd have no issue finding a replacement assuming our board remove their head from their asses.

MON's available.

MON's always available when his boyhood club comes calling.

We're only just starting to be rid of the dross he signed on massive wages, he can suck a few thousand northern cocks.

The Premier League announces its shortlists for the 20 Seasons Awards - celebrating two decades of action in English football's current top flight.

The greatest players, managers and moments will all be acknowledged, with five awards to be decided by a public vote and six by a panel of experts.

Public votes: best goal, best match, best save, best celebration, all-time Premier League fantasy XI (from a shortlist of 80 players).

Panel votes: best player, best manager, best team, best season, best quote, final fantasy XI.

To cast your vote in the public categories, visit the Premier League website. You can also let us know your thoughts on the awards on Twitter@bbcsport using the #bbcsportsday hashtag. Today, we are focusing our attention on the best match category.

Nominations:

Liverpool 4-3 Newcastle, 3 April 1996

Newcastle 5-0 Manchester United, 20 October 1996

Tottenham 3-5 Manchester United, 29 September 2001

Portsmouth 7-4 Reading, 29 September 2007

Arsenal 4-4 Tottenham, 29 October 2008

Liverpool 4-4 Arsenal, 21 April 2009

Manchester United 4-3 Manchester City, 10 May 2009

Newcastle 4-4 Arsenal, 5 February 2011

Manchester United 8-2 Arsenal, 28 August 2011

Manchester United 1-6 Manchester City, 23 October 2-11

Had a quick glance and there's some fun ones, worth an EWB version? I'll stick a poll with the lot in after work unless someone does it first.

Thinking either Di Canio or Bergkamp for goal, need to rewatch the celebrations but I'll be partisan and go Ketsbaia, Lua Lua or Shearer. No Asprilla or Robbie Keane is rubbish.

We did our top 3 Premier League goals the other month with the lads who go the matches. My top 3 were:

3. Kinkladze vs Southampton

2. Bergkamp vs Newcastle

1. Bergkamp vs Leicester (the third one of his hattrick)

At the last minute I opted for Kinkladze's goal ahead of another Bergkamp one I had lined up. I didn't want people to think I was obsessed :shifty:

Went partisan for match and chose the United-Arsenal game, Di Canio for goal, Lua Lua for celebration (how fucking Steven Gerrard, Wright/Ruddock or Klinsmann are on there is beyond me) and Cudicini for save.

My choices for team have far too many United players in shifty.gif

Schmeichel, G Nev, Adams, can't decide between Sol/Rio/Vidic/Stam/Terry/Bruce for the other CB, Irwin/Cole/Le Saux for left back, Beckham, Keane, Scholes, Giggs, Henry, Cantona

Vierra, Ronaldo, Kanchelskis, Ince and Gerrard could all easily be in that midfield too

• Admin
Time to broaden our focus to the best player and best manager accolades in the Premier League 20 Seasons Awards.

Shortlisted for the player award are: Dennis Bergkamp (Arsenal), Eric Cantona (Leeds, Manchester United), Ryan Giggs (Manchester United), Thierry Henry (Arsenal), Roy Keane (Nottingham Forest, Manchester United), Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United), Paul Scholes (Manchester United), Alan Shearer (Blackburn, Newcastle), Patrick Vieira (Arsenal, Manchester City) and Gianfranco Zola (Chelsea).

Shortlisted for the manager award are: Sir Alex Ferguson (Manchester United), Jose Mourinho (Chelsea), David Moyes (Everton), Harry Redknapp (West Ham, Portsmouth, Southampton, Tottenham), Arsene Wenger (Arsenal).