The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

I'm not saying he's not but it just seemed over the top the way they did it and what they showed from the game today. It just seemed a bit too much, anyone would think it was his birthday or he was retiring (again) or something.

Tired of the "Paul Scholes makes 5 yard passes, it isn't that hard" crap.

What other English player can make those 5 yard passes without giving the ball away? Not one. Hence why, when we play any notable country, we're shown up for being totally unable to keep the ball. Hell, most of the so-called "lesser" nations keep the ball better than we do.

Me

• Like 1

There's no Newcastle players on there.

Which I agree with. Ba's got one since the ACON and is now 6th or 7th on the top scorers list. Only player I could see maybe making it is Krul, but keepers tend not to get nominated and Hart gets the English bonus. Maybe Coloccini who's been fantastic, but given theres no Kompany on there either I can't complain.

Oh, and Danny Simpson I guess, he's statistically the greatest player who ever lived.

Edit: I'd go Van Persie and Kun.

Edited by Colly

There's no Newcastle players on there.

Which I agree with. Ba's got one since the ACON and is now 6th or 7th on the top scorers list. Only player I could see maybe making it is Krul, but keepers tend not to get nominated and Hart gets the English bonus. Maybe Coloccini who's been fantastic, but given theres no Kompany on there either I can't complain.

Oh, and Danny Simpson I guess, he's statistically the greatest player who ever lived.

Edit: I'd go Van Persie and Kun.

I was just being a twat because Baddar said something about United players. (Y) Ba probably just about deserves a nomination though.

My Newcastle-supporting mate has been slating Ba after pretty much every game since he came back from the ACofN. It seems Cisse has taken over his role and he is just sort of shunted off to the side not knowing quite what to do.

Not a chance that anybody other than Van Persie wins the first award and rightfully so too, he's been the player of the season by quite some distance.

I'd also have put Micah Richards in the Young Player Award all day long. Walker has had a really good season, but Richards has been the best RB in the league by a distance for me and continues to get better and better. Still, out of the listed players I cant see it going to anybody other than Aguero.

• Like 1

On the BBC website, where it always is. <_<

Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Djourou, Vermaelen, Andre Santos, Song, Arteta, Walcott, Rosicky, Benayoun, van Persie. Subs: Fabianski, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Ramsey, Squillaci, Gervinho, Gibbs, Chamakh.

Wigan: Al Habsi, Alcaraz, Caldwell, Figueroa, Boyce, McCarthy, McArthur, Beausejour, Moses, Di Santo, Gomez. Subs: Pollitt, Ben Watson, McManaman, Sammon, Jones, Diame, Stam.

Referee: Andre Marriner (W Midlands)