The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

Atleast you had a big enough gap beforehand in which a slip up like this might not necessary make much difference in the title race.

Shocking officiating in the Wigan vs United game.

Moses goal in the first half should have been allowed.

The corner from which their actual goal came from was never a corner.

We definitely should have had a penalty from Jones' cross.

Oh and I think Evans should have been given a second yellow for the tackle on Maloney.

Dreadful refereeing.

• Like 1

Only got as far as the disallowed goal, but you're right.

Edit: and not a corner, a definite handball, and Evans (unless he's not made another foul all game, I'm not a fan of 'two fouls and you're off') should've walked. Good points well made!

Edited by Colly

Comolli was better when his job title was Director of Football Strategy last season, simply because it got on Graham Taylors nerves during one of our games as he kept flippng about what exactly a Director of Football Strategy is.

Liverpool also appealling Donis red card, which I can only assume is a 'nowt to lose' appeal given that Reina would be back if they add one for the appeal. We should've done the same for Gosling earlier this season. QPR might be unimpressed if its overturned though.

Worth a shot, might as well appeal it even if it doesn't get overturned as like you said Reina will be back after the weekend.

Bone to pick with the BBC (therefore boo Lineker!). They've done their promotion/relegation/Europe article to clarify spots, and rather than explain the complex FA Cup situation (which they've ignored completely) they've bizarrely gone into detail on what happens if Carling Cup winners Liverpool make it to fourth. A situation that requires them to win all remaining games and hoping Spurs and Newcastle don't get any more points and Chelsea only get one win if my maths are about right.

Howay, can't they find something else for Lawro to do?

Edited by Colly