The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

Can feel hard done by, maybe. Skrtel was abusing Hanley in the box.

Bout time we had some luck in terms of decisions like that considering the lack of decisions we've had in the past few games.

Had Doni not been sent off, that could've been a route. I'm just happy to see that team, that had a lot of kids, players who have been low on confidence, and they battled to win a hard game. Liverpool have not done that enough. I'm cautiously pessimistic about Saturday but that was an improvement on recent games where Liverpool have lost goals and turned to a mess, then lost.

They may have to recall Peter Gulacsi from Hull as their reserve keeper. Otherwise it's going to have to be a youth player.

Gulacsi is out for the season I think. Tyrell Belford, I think, is the U-18s first choice keeper. I dunno, I've not seen many games for the reserves/U-18s.

BBC Sport:

2102: I have found Liverpool's back-up keeper for Saturday! No real need for Kenny Dalglish to thank me, though, because he signed him in January. Eighteen-year-old keeper Danny Ward moved to Anfield from Wrexham for around £100,000 in the last transfer window. He had not made a senior appearance for the Welsh club.

Bout time we had some luck in terms of decisions like that considering the lack of decisions we've had in the past few games.

You're listening to Kenny too much.

• Like 2

You're listening to Kenny too much.

He's watching our games. And going to them, but it seems like when Mario goes to our games we don't do as well... And he's going to Wembley. :shifty:

A missed hand ball and Cisse's second in the Newcastle game and the Shay Given save where the ball may have crossed the line. There has been a few bad luck instances recently.

There are other problems too, lots of them. But positives of tonight were Agger is a beast, Johnson was back. Shelvey was fantastic, Henderson is a much better central midfield player than a winger and it's an utter shame Maxi doesn't get played more often. If Doni had not been sent off, and thus forcing Shelvey back into a deeper role, they would've torn Blackburn assunder and probably gotten Carroll a few goals if he was lucky.

Another thing about tonight was John Flanagan getting subbed was the best thing for him, if he hadn't gotten Doni sent off he would've probably gotten himself sent off.

I dunno about Saturday. I hope Brad Jones catches the ball a lot better than he did tonight.

Bad decisions are bad decisions.

I hate that it is suddenly ok to say 'oh well, we should have had a penalty three games ago, swings and roundabouts guv'. Yes, decisions don't always go your way, doesn't mean you should blow off legitimate issues related to your team with 'oh well, we've not had the decisions recently'.

While I agree with your sentinent in principle, I will reserve the right to cackle gleefully in the highly unlikely event of Barcelona being screwed over by refereeing decisions in the CL semi final. :pervert: