The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

Quite a few empty seats at Villa Park....Although tbf I don't blame Villa fans for not wanting to go to see them play Stoke....I've had the unfortunate pleasure of seeing them twice this season.

I think quite a lot of that comes down to playing behind Williamson and Simpson in fairness, who with the best will in the world I would describe as 'limited'. Taylor back next season and Santon shifted to right back and we're laughing.

Shot stopping I agree with, but other parts of his 'keeping would worry me if I was a Newcastle fan.

Was a great save to deny Eagles today though.

You're joking right?

Considering he's only in his second season as a Premiership regular, Krul has been amazing for Newcastle.

Not at all.

Let me be clear, Krul has had a good season and is still young, therefore he can only get better. However, as far as I'm concerned, he still has a lot of improving to do in order to become a top goalkeeper.

I do kind of agree with MJB in the sense that he's still raw, but disagree with parts of his game worrying fans, he's barely made an error all season.

He'll keep getting better, and I imagine he'll be challenging for a starting place at the Euros, already firmly in the squad.

Talk in a couple of the morning papers is that Balotelli will get a 9 game ban. He'll get one game for the sending off against Arsenal plus two extra games because it's his third sending off of the season. On top of that would be three games for the challenge on Song plus another three because that would count as his fourth red. I say good, might teach him a lesson.