The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

In addition to my earlier "pay stupid money for Guardiola to change nothing" scenario, I could also see stupid money being paid to Capello with similar results.

Basically, I cannot envisage a good outcome to any of this. Even a second coming of José (which I don't think will happen, despite what the papers like to talk about) would be unlikely to end well.

May as well try to poach Holloway. At least we'll have a laugh in the interim.

This is a real shame about Chelsea. They've always been my favourite English team. I got into them back whe they had a the likes oF Zola and Poyet and were simply the best team to watch in the league. I've stuck with them since, but that's as much as for the lack of anyone better more than because of the appeal of Chelsea.

I got into them in the first place because they were an entertaining and it seems like AVB was trying to make them a fun team to watch again, and they really did show flashes of it at times. Just a shame they were so inconsistent. I'm sad AVB has gone. I'd much rather see them get shot of Lampard, Terry et al. And probably Meireles too.

Meireles was always a placeholder. His deadline day signing after we'd tried to get Modric all summer was obvious enough. Whether the next manager will have an entirely different vision is another matter (or indeed, if he'll be given the freedom in the transfer market to get anything done).

Great win for United. The next eight games are absolutely crucial, every single one of them looks easy enough on paper, we must be ahead of City going into the derby at the end of April.

I thought Ferdinand was fantastic today, Evra and Jones, not so much.

Meireles was always a placeholder. His deadline day signing after we'd tried to get Modric all summer was obvious enough. Whether the next manager will have an entirely different vision is another matter (or indeed, if he'll be given the freedom in the transfer market to get anything done).

Only added in Meireles because he is ugly. Decent enough player. >_>

Porto did not only win the League with a huge advantage but also won the Europa League, playing some really good offensive football. And I'm a Benfica fan so I hate everything that comes from that place...

You're under the impression that most English based football pundits know about anything happening outside of London or Manchester. That would be wrong. So stop doing that.

I think the basic rule is "he's done nothing. Well, if he has they were foreign things. Which don't count.". Thats why Roy Hodgsons shit.

Woys horrible turns at Blackburn and Liverpool notwithstanding. :shifty:

Shame, he's probably the only person who would actually want the job that has been linked with it.

• Admin

I listened to that Hoddle interview, it was on talksport. He wasn't being serious, he's too busy with his latest endeavour, 20-20 football. Just joked that he had unfinished business there.

Also, Gudni Bergsson got stabbed :(

Also, Gudni Bergsson got stabbed :(

Apparently he's okay, was stabbed twice in the leg but they're only minor injuries. Good on him for jumping in to save a colleague from the attack.

That said, why can I not for the life of me remember Gudni Bergsson!? I should definitely remember his Bolton spell, but I can't recall him in the slightest.