The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

I thought towels for throw ins were banned..

Isn't that why Stoke players (Delap and Shotton) wear extra long tshirts under their kit, to dry the ball now? Blackburn had towels for their throws, so I was a bit confused.

That.

Was.

Diabolical.

Told you you were a cruel and horrible person.

That was karma.

I thought towels for throw ins were banned..

Isn't that why Stoke players (Delap and Shotton) wear extra long tshirts under their kit, to dry the ball now? Blackburn had towels for their throws, so I was a bit confused.

I thought both clubs had to agree to have towels, which would explain why other clubs would refuse, to stop Delap and Shotton.

Just let both teams use the towel and get on with it. Stoke are really adept at line outs so just let your opponents use the towel, who aren't as good at it, instead of stitching them into your own clothes to get a little upper hand over the opponent.

And that's me for about a month on here as I go into hiding from our impending defeat tomorrow. I've predicted 3:0 to Newcastle with the obligatory penalty. I went for Larsson to foul Guttierez in the penalty sweepstakes. They always get one, so may as well.

Don't be too mean Colly. Although I know Gazz will. :(

• Admin
QPR boss Mark Hughes will look into a foul-mouthed tweet allegedly posted by on-loan striker Federico Macheda after the 1-1 draw with Everton.

Macheda, who was charged this week for another comment he made on Twitter, has been left out of the QPR side of late and was not in the squad on Saturday.

The on-loan Manchester United player tweeted: "Totally p****d off...this is not what i deserve! **** all!!!!!"

"Until I speak to him I can't really comment," said Hughes.

"Who knows what he has done. You're assuming it is about the game and not being involved. Perhaps he has broken a watch or dropped his phone.

"When I know it is I will come back and talk about it, but I can't talk about it because that is the first I've heard about it."

The Welshman added: "Why we are talking about a player who was not in the squad?

"I would rather talk about the guys who worked [so hard] today, to be perfectly honest, rather than somebody that wasn't even in the squad, don't you think?"

Macheda has since deleted the tweet and also posted: "I'm gonna delete my twitter! Take care u all!"

Macheda was charged by the FA on Monday alongside Newcastle United's Nile Ranger and Walsall's Manny Smith, who were charged £6,000 and £1,200 respectively for writing homophobic comments on the social networking site.

The Italian requesting a personal hearing, which will take place next week.

And he has now indeed since deleted his Twitter account.

Just let both teams use the towel and get on with it. Stoke are really adept at line outs so just let your opponents use the towel, who aren't as good at it, instead of stitching them into your own clothes to get a little upper hand over the opponent.

And that's me for about a month on here as I go into hiding from our impending defeat tomorrow. I've predicted 3:0 to Newcastle with the obligatory penalty. I went for Larsson to foul Guttierez in the penalty sweepstakes. They always get one, so may as well.

Don't be too mean Colly. Although I know Gazz will. :(

I'm terrified, and that's even before I try to work out a routine for a noon kickoff. Massive breakfast or early lunch?

Anyone else find it weird MOTD didn't even mention Arteta bar a sub graphic in the corner? Is he alright?

QPR boss Mark Hughes will look into a foul-mouthed tweet allegedly posted by on-loan striker Federico Macheda after the 1-1 draw with Everton.

Macheda, who was charged this week for another comment he made on Twitter, has been left out of the QPR side of late and was not in the squad on Saturday.

The on-loan Manchester United player tweeted: "Totally p****d off...this is not what i deserve! **** all!!!!!"

"Who knows what he has done. You're assuming it is about the game and not being involved. Perhaps he has broken a watch or dropped his phone.

"When I know it is I will come back and talk about it, but I can't talk about it because that is the first I've heard about it."

The Welshman added: "Why we are talking about a player who was not in the squad?

"I would rather talk about the guys who worked [so hard] today, to be perfectly honest, rather than somebody that wasn't even in the squad, don't you think?"

Macheda has since deleted the tweet and also posted: "I'm gonna delete my twitter! Take care u all!"

Macheda was charged by the FA on Monday alongside Newcastle United's Nile Ranger and Walsall's Manny Smith, who were charged £6,000 and £1,200 respectively for writing homophobic comments on the social networking site.

Silly Macheda, it is shit that he ain't playing but fucking hell grow up lad. Might be best he comes back United and we send him out somewhere again next season.

• Admin

Nice to see one part of the BBC likes to keep me informed rather than just wanking over RVP.

tbf, it was mentioned in the football package of the Teatime BBC One news but who am I to spurn away your compliments!!

van Persie's winner was a hell of a goal. Well up there for March's GOTM next month. hintBYTHEWAYYOUSHOULDALLGONOMINATEINTHEFEBRUARYGOALOFTHEMONTHTHREADhint.

Also, Akos Buszaky's miss gets funnier every time you see it.

Silly Macheda, it is shit that he ain't playing but fucking hell grow up lad. Might be best he comes back United and we send him out somewhere again next season.

Stupid thing for him to go and do and he really needs to learn from it and grow up, but cant blame him one bit for being frustrated right now. He went out on loan last season which was an utter waste and did nothing what so ever for him. He then comes back and goes out on loan again, this time to QPR where it seems he'll likely get some starts in the PL and a chance to prove himself. In comes Hughes to fuck that all up and so far it looks like Macheda isn't going to get a look in under him, so it's looking like another wasted loan spell really, so probably understandable that he's pissed off.

• Like 1