The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

A Manchester United fan has been charged for shouting racist abuse at opposition players during a Premier League football match.

Howard Hobson, 57, is accused of a racially aggravated public order offence and using threatening words or behaviour to cause harassment, alarm or distress.

Hobson, of Weaver Walk, Openshaw, Manchester, was arrested at the Manchester United v Stoke City game on Tuesday.

During the match a spectator made a complaint to stewards that a fan in the north stand was shouting abusive comments towards Stoke City players. Police were informed and Hobson was arrested.

He is due to appear at Trafford magistrates court on Wednesday.

Very happy more people are starting to take a stand against this, it happens all too often and the more of these hooligans we can get banned from our grounds the better.

Kuszczak's last PL game was away to Blackburn last April, never have I seen such a nervous first half performance from a goalkeeper.

You've clearly never seen my 5'10" frame stood between the sticks then :shifty:.

My 5'9" frame is an even better sight, although I did manage a penalty save at the weekend.

Shame they scored the rebound.

Possible that Rooney, Nani, Cleverley, Young and Anderson will all be in the squad tomorrow, which is a massive boost.

Chelsea have almost become like Arsenal though in that you just don't know what you're going to get with them. They could turn up and be average at best or they could decide to show up and be bloody brilliant. No clue how this one is going to go, but as per usual, I fear Torres.

Yeah, I've got a feeling Torres has reserved his best for the game tomorrow. I hope it's something like the last game, because it was brilliant. From Spurs perspective, I'd like to see a draw or even a Chelsea win. But really, I just hope it has lots of goals in.

Possible that Rooney, Nani, Cleverley, Young and Anderson will all be in the squad tomorrow, which is a massive boost.

Chelsea have almost become like Arsenal though in that you just don't know what you're going to get with them. They could turn up and be average at best or they could decide to show up and be bloody brilliant. No clue how this one is going to go, but as per usual, I fear Torres.

Rooney, Nani and Young will probably feature, Cleverley could make the bench but it's unlikely and Anderson is out.

I really hope we can win tomorrow, if we could somehow take 6 points against Chelsea and Liverpool then it could give us the confidence to go on a long run. Chelsea could be there for the taking but you never know what's gonna happen in these big games, I'm hopeful we can win by the odd goal but a draw wouldn't be such a disaster. I'll go 2-1.

Yeah, I've got a feeling Torres has reserved his best for the game tomorrow.

He's been saving himself for an entire year just for this match?

He was saving it from that last poor season at Liverpool. He's all about the long term.