The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

Bit late but

Get in!

Not that I wanted City to win particularly, I'd have been equally happy with a Spurs win, a draw didn't help anyone.

I'd have liked a draw :(

Anyway, good first half from Utd and great goal so close to half time. At some times today Arsenal have been playing a 9-0-1.

When I said that I mean "anyone I like".

edit: To be clear, I mean I don't like Man Utd, not you.

So, Walcott.

He's fast.

What else is he meant to be able to do that makes him so highly rated?

But what about that one time where he got a hat-trick for England?

But what about the other 20 or 30 England games he's played where he's done fuck all? Or that he's had about 5 decent games for Arsenal ever?

Given that he is the same age as Gareth Bale, started at the same club, cost more and plays in a similar position, he's not even close to the same level.

So, Walcott.

He's fast.

But what about the other 20 or 30 England games he's played where he's done fuck all? Or that he's had about 5 decent games for Arsenal ever?

Given that he is the same age as Gareth Bale, started at the same club, cost more and plays in a similar position, he's not even close to the same level.

I was agreeing with you.

So, Walcott.

He's fast.

To be fair though even the Southampton coaches said that Bale was the better player back then, he's proceeded to show that. It's weird that Wenger will be so frugal on players then spend stupid money on someone like Oxlade-Chamberlain, is he REALLY worth more than Rafa and Bale?

So, Walcott.

He's fast.

To be fair though even the Southampton coaches said that Bale was the better player back then, he's proceeded to show that. It's weird that Wenger will be so frugal on players then spend stupid money on someone like Oxlade-Chamberlain, is he REALLY worth more than Rafa and Bale?

He can't buy vdv or Bale for that money. Even looking at Walcott and his failure to live up to expectations, he's still a £10m player (at least.) Oxlade-Chamberlain has the potential to be an absolutely fantastic player and even though his fee is a gamble (as it would be for any youngster) the Walcott model shows that the club likely won't lose large amounts on him.

Personally I think he's going to be an incredible player and the fee is completely reasonable.

So, Walcott.

He's fast.

He can't buy vdv or Bale for that money.

Spurs did...