The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

Definitely offside, that decision cost us the game. I hope Mancini/Platt mentions it after the game.

Although if I wasn't a City fan, I would probably appreciate it as the greatest robbery of the year. That's something out of movies, that is.

Not being able to break down Sunderland's defence cost you the game. It was very quick, very narrow and the assistant wasn't quite in the right line to see it. It shouldn't have been a goal but at the same time that's not terrible refereeing or anything.

• Like 5

To add to the offside stuff, as Niall Quinn just pointed out on Sky, at the time Sky paused the game and added the ''offside line'' the ball hadn't even been played, so it was in fact even closer than the half of a body Ji looked off in the caption.

Definitely offside, that decision cost us the game. I hope Mancini/Platt mentions it after the game.

Although if I wasn't a City fan, I would probably appreciate it as the greatest robbery of the year. That's something out of movies, that is.

Not being able to break down Sunderland's defence cost you the game. It was very quick, very narrow and the assistant wasn't quite in the right line to see it. It shouldn't have been a goal but at the same time that's not terrible refereeing or anything.

Yeah, we were a bit shit. But a draw would have been a fair result because aside from a few chances, Sunderland parked the bus in front of goal. So it did kinda cost us a point.

Saying that though, we can kiss the title goodbye if we can't break these types of teams down.