The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

The RVP one was the volley - it looked very nice, but the main reason it got so many votes was because it's so fresh in people's minds I think. And yes, Modric vs. Liverpool - such an amazing strike. Reina did well to make it look great, too, which helps.

Fucking hell Cabaye. That could have been a lot worse for Bellamy than what it was, and it's not like Cabaye is always innocent with his challenges from what I've seen. A talented player for sure but he wants to ensure he doesn't start getting himself a reputation.

Fucking hell Cabaye. That could have been a lot worse for Bellamy than what it was, and it's not like Cabaye is always innocent with his challenges from what I've seen. A talented player for sure but he wants to ensure he doesn't start getting himself a reputation.

The one on Spearing? Looked nasty but that's more to do with the speed he was flying in. Modern game if the ref sees it he's in bother, but I don't think there was anything malicious there.

Oops, yeah, Spearing sorry. I'm trying to keep one eye on the match and obviously made a snap assumption.

I think he went in quite recklessly though, and he really wasn't close to the ball. I don't think he's particularly overly malicious but I don't necessarily think he's a shrinking violet when it comes to sticking his foot in a challenge.