The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

It was a ludicrously windy day in the North East in fairness, with Newcastle away on boxing day as usual I took in some non league. Reckon at least two goals could be attributed to wind.

Ace, please note I avoided an obvious 'rubbish on the pitch'/Titus Bramble joke.

I know you're a Newcastle fan but you chose Bramble over Howard Webb? I thought it was dubious at the match, just seen the decision on playback now and if I wasn't nursed up in bed with a stonking hang over I'd be bouncing off the walls.

I sound like Hamster :shifty:

Edited by IAceI

There was something fishy about that red card and I'm all for the accusing Man Utd of getting favourable decisions but that really was just a bad judgment call by the ref in the split second he saw it from 33 yards away. It didn't have a major effect on the game anyway, they were going to rape Wigan one way or another.

If there was one game that Man Utd really don't need to pay the ref off to win; it'd be Wigan. I'm pretty sure it's Wigan that they have a retardedly good record against anyway, as in they've only lost once and drawn twice to them in the Premier League era and average more than 3 goals a game against.

There was something fishy about that red card and I'm all for the accusing Man Utd of getting favourable decisions but that really was just a bad judgment call by the ref in the split second he saw it from 33 yards away. It didn't have a major effect on the game anyway, they were going to rape Wigan one way or another.

If there was one game that Man Utd really don't need to pay the ref off to win; it'd be Wigan. I'm pretty sure it's Wigan that they have a retardedly good record against anyway, as in they've only lost once and drawn twice to them in the Premier League era and average more than 3 goals a game against.

Have they even lost to them? Thought the record was they'd beat them every time they'd played or something mad like that.

PS Webb out.

I don't know what MON was moaning about, Lee Cattermole going within five yards of a proper footballer is a professional foul. :shifty:

Gillingham winger Chris Whelpdale suffered an unusual injury in the 2-1 Boxing Day win at Crawley, as a tackle split open his scrotum.

The 22-year-old was given treatment to the wound, which occurred late on in a victory that extended the club's winning run to nine games.

"It's a horrific injury," boss Andy Hessenthaler told BBC Radio Kent.

"It's absolutely disgusting. He's going to be very sore, and I'm sure his wife won't be too happy either."

:puke:

You called?

Hessenthaler seems to find see the funny side aswell though.

Big Difference between laughing directly at someone's pain and make a light hearted sex joke to Likely try and make someone smile after a pretty awful injury. I doubt he finds the injury funny in the sense you're implying at all.

I had no idea the Swansea-QPR/Norwich-Spurs games were on Sky until an hour ago. Sweet.

Swansea are 1-0 up with a Danny Graham goal. A brilliant take, even if there was a hint of handball in the build up. Every time I watch him play, I'm impressed with his hold up play and strength. Reminds me of myself. :shifty:

All I want tonight is Norwich to get something off Spurs, and it'll be a perfect holiday weekend for United as far as results go.

It could be that, I just remember it being ridiculously good.

They've never taken a point off us and have barely scored. They've scored like 3 or 4 goals in total and never more than 1 in a match. It's quite strange that they're so poor. Strange until you notice Gary Caldwell in the team, I mean. Highlight of the game at the DW Stadium last year was them playing a defensive line on the halfway line. Gibson hoofed it into their half, Berbatov strolled clean through, squared for Rooney, easy. They should really work on that defending thing.

Danny Graham's a bit of a beast. Love Swansea, hope they stay up and Norwich stay up too. Fun teams to watch, especially compared to shite like Villa (apologies to any Villa fans, but c'mon).

It could be that, I just remember it being ridiculously good.

They've never taken a point off us and have barely scored. They've scored like 3 or 4 goals in total and never more than 1 in a match. It's quite strange that they're so poor. Strange until you notice Gary Caldwell in the team, I mean. Highlight of the game at the DW Stadium last year was them playing a defensive line on the halfway line. Gibson hoofed it into their half, Berbatov strolled clean through, squared for Rooney, easy. They should really work on that defending thing.

Danny Graham's a bit of a beast. Love Swansea, hope they stay up and Norwich stay up too. Fun teams to watch, especially compared to shite like Villa (apologies to any Villa fans, but c'mon).

Not really, it's fucking Wigan, they're toss and have been every single season they've been in the Premier League.