The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

Just read Garth Crooks' team of the week and under Paul Robinson it states that he's the first goalkeeper to win a penalty in the Premier League since the 1998/1999 season. Huh?

Thinking back, it wasn't Schmeichel who would probably be the obvious answer so I'm stuck, anyone got any ideas?

Just read Garth Crooks' team of the week and under Paul Robinson it states that he's the first goalkeeper to win a penalty in the Premier League since the 1998/1999 season. Huh?

Thinking back, it wasn't Schmeichel who would probably be the obvious answer so I'm stuck, anyone got any ideas?

Why couldn't it have been Schmeichel? 1998-1999 was his last season at Man Utd...

You forget Super Thudds, if he ever has an injury-free stretch.

van Persie always has a bad injury. Every year. They are screwed when it happens again this year. Sooner rather than later please!

Who is Super Thudds?

Tom Huddlestone, I'm assuming.

It's very confusing when British people use nicknames which aren't just Surname-y or Surname-o however. So it's just a guess.

Surely in a world of K-feds, K-flo's and A-rods T-hudds makes perfect sense?

Technically, I'm sure David James won one for Manchester City in 2003(?) against Boro which Robbie Fowler missed, hence lumping us out of a UEFA Cup place. He was playing as a striker though (including wearing his own outfield shirt!), presumably because we had sod all squad depth.

Oh for the days when you could easily grab Tom Huddlestone and Lee Holmes from Derby on Championship Manager. They made the best of players.

SSN are now reporting the Steve Kean new contract story.

I wish him all the best but what has he done to earn that new contract. He did ok but nearly took Blackburn down and it could be argued big Sam got alot of the points.

Now on his own he is struggling. As I've said before if venkys are willing to accept relegation as a worst case scenario why not.