The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

Typical....Man Utd get battered 6-1, Chelsea lose and what do we go and do....Draw with Norwich :(

Still can't wait to watch MOTD tonight should be a laugh

Make of that what you want, interesting.

I call BS. He says "blind", not "black". He was probably also addressing one of the officials - the bit where the uploader claims he says "Anton" isn't visible, so that's one bit he's made up already.

I don't mean to be cynical, but watch some clips of John Terry defending corners. I know its cliche to say 'if you gave that there'd be ten penalties a game', and even more so to say 'give one and it'll stop', but if you gave that there'd be ten penalties a game...

I don't mean to be cynical, but watch some clips of John Terry defending corners. I know its cliche to say 'if you gave that there'd be ten penalties a game', and even more so to say 'give one and it'll stop', but if you gave that there'd be ten penalties a game...

What about Luiz being picked up and thrown to the floor during a corner?

There was far too many occasions of it happening.

He went for the calm big club one where you say that not only did this ref have a stinker, most of the ones you've had all season also have. See also Dalglish, Kenny. This is negated and the referees can only call what they see when you get a favourable call next weekend.

Javier Hernandez signs five-year Manchester United contract

Manchester United striker Javier Hernandez has signed a new five-year contract to keep him at Old Trafford until 2016.

The Mexican, 23, who signed from Chivas de Guadalajara in July 2010, scored 23 goals in his first season at the club.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson said: "The last player I remember making an impact as quickly is Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. Javier reminds me of Ole."

Hernandez said: "Playing for Manchester United has been a dream come true."

He added: "I never expected my first year to go so well and I'm delighted to commit my future to United.

"To win a title and appear in a Champions League final was fantastic. I'm looking forward to helping my team-mates as we bid to win more trophies for this great club."

Little Pea :wub:

Yo u do not know how much it annoyed me that I was away from EWB when this glorious match happened, I've caught up now and it's still hasn't sunk in that Man Utd lost 6-1 to Man City at Old Trafford. I'll just sum up my feelings briefly

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!! :lmao:

• Like 4

• Admin

Good PR on Utd's behalf on releasing that tidbit on Hernandez today. Gives the fans something to be pleased about.

Premier League footballer Barry Bannan has been arrested on suspicion of drink driving and failing to stop after a car crash on the M1 in Nottinghamshire.

The 21-year-old Aston Villa and Scotland midfielder was arrested along with Shrewsbury Town striker James Collins on Sunday morning.

A Range Rover travelling south hit the central reservation near junction 26 at 05:30 BST, Nottinghamshire Police said.

The motorway was closed for a short time following the crash.

No other vehicles were reported to be involved.

A Nottinghamshire Police spokesman said: "Two men from the West Midlands area have been bailed after being arrested in connection with a road traffic collision on the southbound M1 on Sunday morning.

"The M1 had to be closed for a short time while the vehicle was recovered.

"Two men, aged 20 and 21, were arrested in Bulwell, near Nottingham, shortly after 7am on suspicion of drink driving and failing to stop at the scene of an accident.

"Both have been bailed pending further inquiries and will return at a date in December."

Aston Villa declined to comment.

The 21-year-old, capped nine times by Scotland, had featured in Villa's 2-1 defeat by West Bromwich Albion in the Premier League on Saturday.

Coventry-born Mr Collins began his career at Aston Villa and joined League Two Shrewsbury earlier this year.

Dolt.

al-Fayed tears Sparky a new one.

Shane Long will miss his country's Euro 2012 play-off with Estonia with a six week lay-off courtesy of Alan Hutton. Elsewhere, Nemanja Vidic has retired from international football.