nPower Football League Thread 2011/12

Lineker

Hughton to WBA please. Now hopefully Olly and the boys can pull out the big win at Wembley!

This. This all over. Would really love to see Blackpool return for a second stab at the Premier League.

I can really see Hughton going to West Brom now. He could be tempted to leave behind the financial instability and it is a good job at the moment the Albion job.

He seems nailed on for the Baggies position, but I know the appointment of Hughton would be supported by Villa fans in a way McLeish could only dream of. He isn't the fans first choice, but he'd be backed.

Hughton is as good as out & Blues are fuuucked.

This <_<

Hughton deserves better than us. We're fucked money wise (something that will only get worse while we are out the Premier League), the squad is going to get cherry picked over the summer (by which I mean Davies, Fahey, Zigic will leave, maybe with Doyle too and Carr might retire), we might, MIGHT hold onto Redmond for another year but that's a maybe, I can see Hughton bringing him into whatever club he ends with. Once those players are gone, we're left with a squad that couldn't challenge for the play-off if they plyed 10 more games than everyone else and be completly reliant on King's goal (assuming he stay).

Administration and League One is more likely than Premiership quite frankly

Yes.

I get the feeling the reason those accounts have been hidden is something along the lines of:

"we're fucked but don't want people to know yet"

"we could always refuse to hand them over"

"But we would get a transfer embargo! We couldn't bring in new players in the summer"

"......"

"Point taken, pass me that shredder"

That's a shame, you won't be able to sign anyone this summer then what with all the agents, players and managers being on holiday in July and somehow unable to answer mobile phones and emails, then the Olympics and Paralympics will somehow stop everyone signing players. Then you've got the inflated fees in the last couple of weeks of the window, not to mention there not being time to get the deals through.

Edit: I've just seen the transcript for Bates' interview yesterday and :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Apparently the day we staged a protest scared off someone who wanted to invest £20m into the club, this is after 7 years of apparently no-one wanting to invest in the club yet as soon as we protest we managed to scare one away. What's worrying is that people will believe the old bastard and use it as a reason to slag off protesters.