nPower Football League Thread 2011/12

Lineker

I fancy Blackpool for the playoffs this year. Looked very good against Leeds the other week and they will be tough to beat. If they win at home to Birmingham they've got enough pace to kill them on the counter at St Andrews. I fancy Cardiff to win the second semi. Both teams are bottlers but I think they'll just edge it, and set up a rematch from the final two years ago (first time that'll have happened?) I think Blackpool will take it from there

I'm off to Hereford on Saturday what looks like one of the biggest games of the day. They 1 point off safety at home to Torquay who are outside the automatic places on goal difference so both have to win, should be a decent game

I'm sort of rooting for Cardiff because a welsh derby will be fun (especially since I'll be living down in Wales next year) and I like Mackay. Great start to the game from them too.

Edit: Fuck you Collison.

Edited by Devil In Jouzy City

I fancy Blackpool for the playoffs this year. Looked very good against Leeds the other week and they will be tough to beat. If they win at home to Birmingham they've got enough pace to kill them on the counter at St Andrews. I fancy Cardiff to win the second semi. Both teams are bottlers but I think they'll just edge it, and set up a rematch from the final two years ago (first time that'll have happened?) I think Blackpool will take it from there

I'm off to Hereford on Saturday what looks like one of the biggest games of the day. They 1 point off safety at home to Torquay who are outside the automatic places on goal difference so both have to win, should be a decent game

And this makes them different to whom?

I'll be happy if anyone but Cardiff go up. Preferably not West Ham but I'd much prefer them over Cardiff.

I'll be happy if anyone but Cardiff go up. Preferably not West Ham but I'd much prefer them over Cardiff.

Burnley :(.

Doncaster, but then they already knew they were better than us.

• Admin
DFC 1883 Limited have completed the purchase of the assets of Darlington Football Club from administrators.

The deal means the group will now take over the running of the club, while debts relating to it remain with Darlington 2009 Limited.

However, the group are keen to work with local creditors, as DFC 1883 are not liable for the debts.

"We'll work on a plan to cater for some of the local companies," 1883 chairman Dennis Pinnegar said.

Among the creditors owed money are the current players and staff, who have opted to defer full payment of their salaries to help the bid go through.

"The players were prepared to do whatever it takes to allow the club to survive," interim manager Craig Liddle said.

"We've been through a lot, myself as the manager and the players, and there is affection for the club.

"I've said it on numerous occasions the players deserve credit for what they've done previously and for what they're prepared to do in the future to allow the club to continue."

Darlington will not be allowed to compete in Blue Square Bet North next season, either because of a lack of a suitable ground or via Football Association punishment, which could mean a reprieve for Hinckley.

The Quakers, however, are hopeful of obtaining entry into step three of the football pyramid and the Northern Premier, but any decision will lie with the FA.

"We'll face further relegation, but until the FA give us their wisdom we won't actually know whether it will be to the Evo-Stik Premier or Evo-Stik First Division," Pinnegar added.

"We have to apply for a football playing licence, the FA's ability to award that licence is coloured by our behaviour.

"I would like to say that our behaviour has been impeccable, they will not find any flaws in anything that 1883 have done to bring about the situation that we now have it, we're crystal clear on that."

With the deal complete, the next step for the club will be to find a suitable playing venue, following the decision to leave the Arena on Tuesday.

The club's initial pledge for the Creditors Voluntary Agreement was withdrawn, and as such the initial BuyDarlo share issue is now obsolete.

Pinnegar remains confident the supporters will back the new proposal.

"The money gets paid back, because the pitch we made under Crowdcube in January has now changed," he added.

"We asked them to subscribe to a pitch and if that changes we give them the money back and say - 'this is a new pitch, would you like to subscribe'.

"We need to raise a couple of hundred thousand pounds by the end of June, to continue."

• Admin

_60053448_129343867.jpg

Didn't realise that Sheamus played for Sheffield Utd. Anyway... Sheffield Wednesday look set to get the second automatic promotion spot, and Stevenage the final play-off spot. In League Two as it stands Barnet stay up over Hereford (:w00t:) and Crawley will nab the final automatic promotion spot.

Went to the Hereford game earlier and was a decent match, although would have liked to see them stay up was good for the neutral. The Crawley goal effectively killed the game as was 3-2 at the time but Torquay were battering Hereford at the time, when they released that Crawley had scored they more or less dropped their heads. Needed a Burton goal but wasn't to be. Did feel a bit guilty when checked my phone and some old geezer asked how Barnet finished, accidently said Burton won by getting muddled with the names and he ran off delighted to tell his family

• Admin
Exeter City's director of football Steve Perryman has undergone emergency heart surgery.

A statement from the club said Perryman, 60, became unwell at the game against Sheffield United on Saturday.

He was taken from St James Park to the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital and later transferred to Derriford Hospital in Plymouth.

The club said the former Tottenham captain underwent "successful" heart surgery on Sunday morning.

"Needing complete rest, Steve will not be contactable until further notice," the statement said.

"On Steve and his wife Kim's behalf we would to say thank you for all the kind messages of goodwill."

Perryman, who is Tottenham's record appearance holder and who played once for England, was watching as his current side - who were already condemned to relegation - drew 2-2 with the Blades.

Get well soon Steve :(