nPower Football League Thread 2011/12

Lineker

1-0 up :w00t:

Chucked a 2-0 lead. Oh Myke.

I really want Chesterfield to stay up though, so come on! :w00t:

Great win for us today that drags Coventry down with us. Justice is served as Pompey come down too.

Chuffed for Billy, hope it's his goal that sends them up.

Am I the only one who feels that West Ham are doomed for another season in the Championship? I'm a huge Hammers fan, but I do not have confidence in the side to have the nerve to win the big match. They've done alright against the other promotion chasers; split against Cardiff, both draws against Birmingham, and thumped Blackpool twice. However, it just seems like the squad still has that same problem it has had the last two years: they crumble when they're challenged.

I really want to see them back in the Prem, but fair play if we don't get promoted. It's what we deserve, I feel, for trying to put together a veteran team in the Championship instead of trying to focus on our youth and build around them. This should've been a season to give chances to Junior Stanislas and Zavon Hines; instead we sold them.

I'm extremely confident that West Ham will not win the play-offs. The Palace defeat at the Millenium sticks in the memory and I don't think Sam Allardyce's style will get them up over three matches against the likes of Blackpool, Cardiff and Birmingham.

Goodbye Coventry. :D

And I'm so glad I decided to have a rare weekend off from not going to football, sack paying £40 at Villa Park to watch that match and Carlisle United lost to a 95th minute winner at Sheffield Wednesday so I don't think I missed too much. Looks like Carlisle's play off hopes are pretty much dead in the water now, no strikers not going to win.

1-0 up :w00t:

Chucked a 2-0 lead. Oh Myke.

I really want Chesterfield to stay up though, so come on! :w00t:

Great win for us today that drags Coventry down with us. Justice is served as Pompey come down too.

Chuffed for Billy, hope it's his goal that sends them up.

Hey, at least we'll be playing you next season :w00t:

Will you though? :P

Nah, I said it several weeks ago and maintain now - Orient have enough in the tank to stay up. I'm looking forward to playing you again, we used to do quite well against you if I remember rightly.

I'm just happy we're (almost) safe. Next season will be better as long as we keep clear of 'keeper injuries and maybe shore up our defence.

Donny and Orient FTW~!

• Like 1

Adam you at the game next week Saturday? Come say hi if you are. :P

Of course, whereabouts are you normally stationed?

I only did it the once, so don't know if I'll be on the same spot or not, they might put someone more experienced there as apparently you're planning a pitch invasion. :lol: I'll get there couple hours before, I'll pm ya on here.

I shall keep my phone handy in that case.

A pitch invasion? I would be highly surprised. We're nothing like Coventry, it's a totally different situation plus the general feeling that comes from the stands is apathy these days :lol:

Then again we do have a fair few moronic kids who attend games so perhaps that judgement by the stewards is fair.

DSC05875.jpg

Some Leeds fans (in coordination with LUST) are organising a "Balls to Bates" protest for the last game of the season, which basically involves throwing beach balls and tennis balls (boycotters are going to knock them over the stands from the outside) onto the pitch with pro-investment/anti-Bates messages. Not sure how successful it's going to be because a lot of fans are apathetic towards the idea of protesting but with any luck it'll be big enough to get some media attention.

Stevenage now scoring goals the last few games? Looks like mayhaps I was too soon to start getting despondant from the 30 draws in a row (give or take a couple) and they couild do enough to get in the play-offs. Once in there hopefully the tight defence will somehow do it. Looking forward to West Ham and Wolves in the Championship next season already :shifty:

In today's "Bates and co piss off Matt" news:

Melvyn Levi has taken Bates to court again, this time seeking compensation and an injuction based on his constant harassment of him on Yorkshire Radio and in the matchday programme (including printing his home address). No doubt the club will be footing the bill for this as per usual.

Meanwhile, legend turned Bates-puppet Peter Lorimer has said on BBC Radio Leeds that fans have no business having any say in how the club is run or should spend money. What other football club effectively tells their fans to "shut the fuck up and keep giving us money"?