nPower Football League Thread 2011/12

Lineker

Been rumoured all weekend. Good signing but the problem is that we're not going to be paying remotely close (and tbh, rightly so) to the £5m they paid for him in the summer, so it's probably just going to be another loan signing that doesn't stay once the loan is finished.

Also, number 68 if he goes through. <_<

Yeah he's apparently moving on loan because his appalling attitude has caused him to fall out with Nigel Pearson. Somthing that I can definitely believe.

He was a great player here but I notice he has really improved on his "punt the ball 60 yards forward and hope for the best" trick.

• Admin

Charlton won again tonight - 4-0 at Chesterfield. They really are phenomenal and with Bradley Wright-Phillips getting back on form tonight, netting a hat-trick, they go thirteen points and are now all but confirmed as up, one would think.

Honestly would not be surprised to see them make a tilt at promotion from the Champtionship next year a la Norwich/Southampton this year and last.

Charlton won again tonight - 4-0 at Chesterfield. They really are phenomenal and with Bradley Wright-Phillips getting back on form tonight, netting a hat-trick, they go thirteen points and are now all but confirmed as up, one would think.

Honestly would not be surprised to see them make a tilt at promotion from the Champtionship next year a la Norwich/Southampton this year and last.

I've just got back from said game. Chesterfield aren't exactly pulling up trees in League 1, but we were the best I've seen us in a while. Passed the ball nicely, kept our cool when it took us a while to make the break through, and once we'd got the first goal we looked like scoring every time we went forward. So pleased. Even taking into account our traditional end of season slump, I think we're all but up. The fans were already busting out the "that's why we're champions!" chant.

Having said that, the last time I went to see us play was at Walsall in December and we were so poor for a table topping team back then. Even considering how well we played tonight, I don't think we're on the level of a Norwich, Southampton, or even Brighton. I'd take lower-midtable in the Championship next season.

The top four of League One essentially picked themselves at the start of the season with MK Dons threatening to do what they should do but probably not quite doing it completely. That leaves a few play off spots for some of the other teams. But really, Charlton, the two Sheffields and Huddersfield are all probably too good for this league and the fact one of them will spend another season in the third tier is ridiculous. Then again they only have themselves to blame for being there in the first place.

Bates has blocked the LUST chairman's ability to buy tickets for games. He also says he isn't the only LUST board member. No reason given.

:rolleyes:

Edit: Just listening to his interview today, slagged LUST off big time, saying the protests are doing nothing but deterring investors and they're not making any impression the club. Also an 8 year old girl and a 9 year old boy wrote to him telling him to ignore the fans. Good one Ken, 2 kids defending you. Once again used the club's database to insult LUST board members and their ticket purchase history.

Oh and he defended the time he called the fans morons. <_<

According to the BBC, Sheffield Wednesday have sacked Gary Megson as manager? This is bizarre, not just because I'll begrudgingly admit Megson was doing a very good job at Wednesday, but because they're currently halfway through a game against Scunthorpe, at which I assume Megson was managing?

EDIT- I've been misreading all night, it's Sheffield United playing. I thought something was amiss. Still, bizarre decision.

Edited by jack95

What in the name of Jesus H. Christ!?

That statement comes in response to the sacking - the team is doing well, and they beat United at the weekend. Something needs to be done about the utterly ludicrous treatment of managers in the game at the moment.

Sheffield United are playing Scunthorpe at the moment Jack.

Guest mr. potato head

So pretty much every Yorkshire club has lost their shit recently then? Grayson, Clark and Megson all sacked for... doing well. Absolute madness.

Yorkshire doesn't understand the concept of being good at things; they fire people who are because they're scared of the idea. :shifty:

So pretty much every Yorkshire club has lost their shit recently then? Grayson, Clark and Megson all sacked for... doing well. Absolute madness.

Yorkshire doesn't understand the concept of being good at things; they fire people who are because they're scared of the idea. :shifty:

You're from Canada. You're only good at a girls game... on ice. :shifty:

• Like 1

We've managed to keep Danny Wilson.

For now. >_>