nPower Football League Thread 2011/12

Lineker

Nothing personal at all, I miss those old Conference battles (not the journey up though!) and was looking forward to next seasons conflicts in the Championship. What hurts most about the Westley possible going, he deserves better than a team of this level, though mayhaps he could see them working in the way Bolton did by being a hard working side and finding a way into a consolidated Premiership side. Though in a weird way I could see him doing that here akin to Wimbledon. Still don't know what's going on, would be a blow to lose him but we'll see. Maybe Warnock could replace him :shifty:

That surprises me somewhat. I thought he'd stick it out at Stevenage. He is going to look like a prize chump if he doesn't take Preston back up now.

I really hate how teams can just poach managers from other sides. There are plenty of managers out of work and yet teams always feel the need to pick up smaller clubs managers. I certainly wish we hadn't done it this time around.

My eyes! Shame you can't see his PJ club sweatshirt, which was the highlight of he story for me.

Is there a separate interview for this one mind, SSN has just said that he said 'every man in the ground thought it was a penalty' before playing a clip of him saying 'everyone'. Unless its a non Sky interview I've not seen I'm not jumping on him for being angry at a decision.

GW has come out now and said that personal terms aren't quite sorted yet but the rumour is that it's down to his whole coaching team going with him and I suspect that's where the issue now is. Stevenage press conference has been cancelled (though suspect that was the normal pre-match one) so right now not sure where we are. Hope we can clear this soon, for a team based around our mental strength I'm sure that having this farce going on isn't in our best interests right now.

My eyes! Shame you can't see his PJ club sweatshirt, which was the highlight of he story for me.

Is there a separate interview for this one mind, SSN has just said that he said 'every man in the ground thought it was a penalty' before playing a clip of him saying 'everyone'. Unless its a non Sky interview I've not seen I'm not jumping on him for being angry at a decision.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16521776.stm

I've just been going off that. He does seem to have been goaded into it almost but he has worded it terribly. And if there's one person I don't mind having a bit on an unfair swipe at, it's him. :shifty:

Bloody hell, just read that and frankly that isn't sexist. He's not implied that 'a woman' can't do the job, he's merely said that 'a woman' meaning that particular referees assistant didn't see it in response to the interviewers question. I'm not the biggest Jewell fan in the world, though he's far too funny to truly dislike, but no one deserves their name rubbed in the dirt for a recorded statement that blatantly isn't offensive.

Unless she's actually not a woman, in which case it maybe is offensive...

Still no compensation deal at Stevenage regarding the Westley farce. It looks like he will be confirmed later today with our skipper Mark Roberts stepping up to act as player/manager (after all Preston didn't just swipe our manager, they swiped all the coaches bar golakeeping too) while we find a replacement. I say while we find our replacement, every chance the first thing they do is sign Robbo. Oh well... We should be safe this season before we return to nothingness.

I can see how it can be misconstrued as sexist though in all honesty I think he was just trying to be a smartarse.

And she may not actually be a woman judging by photos of her <_<

True, I doubt she could even tempt Peter Beardsley out of a burning shed.

I found this so ridiculous yesterday when I heard about it. He is CLEARLY trying to be funny in an interview, rather than sexist. Jesus christ, if a ''woman'' can be an assistant referee, surely it isn't so bad to use the word ''woman'' in an interview. The same thing is said all the time about officials (with ''everyone knowing the correct decision except the person in question'') so this shouldn't be any different.

By the sounds of it the ref was giving us everything and we still couldn't win against 10 men. Fucking hell, we're incapable of defending and recently we're incapable of creating chances. Here's a hint: you can hoof the ball to Becchio all you like but if there's no fucker around him, it doesn't matter how many balls he wins, the other team is still going to get the ball back. We need Howson back.