nPower Football League Thread 2011/12

Lineker

And we sold him for fucking 230K. Keane had a bust up with his dad, who used to be a coach with Ipswich, and a few weeks later, we sold Jordan. Or that's what I heard. What a twat. Apparently we get a percentage of the transfer fee though, which surely should be a fair bit if someone like Chamberlain can go for 12m.

Fresh from winning League 1s player of the month for December, Jordan Rhodes has scored 5 goals against Whickham with 20 minutes left, presumably adding a bit to his asking price.

Way to insult the entire town of Wycombe. :shifty:

I've just seen a facebook update from a Barnsley supporting mate stating they sold him (presumably to Ipswich?) for £5000, he's not too impressed that he's now probably going to be sold for more than the value of the entire town...

Fresh from winning League 1s player of the month for December, Jordan Rhodes has scored 5 goals against Whickham with 20 minutes left, presumably adding a bit to his asking price.

Way to insult the entire town of Wycombe. :shifty:

Factual error, I actually thought they were playing their youth keeper Jimmy Whickham tonight. Double checked and I was incorrect.

Wycombe is a lovely place. :shifty:

His comment not mine! I've only been once, seemed alright, had a Greggs which was a bonus for me.

Mind you, I travelled separately to my brother who had his pre-match drink in the swimming baths near the ground which he found weird and a bit paedo-ey.

Will attend Brunton Park once more to see Carlisle United take on Leyton Orient later. They are on a decent run as of late and it's about time Carlisle tripped over their own feet while vying for the play offs so I assume a score-draw today.

It's a bit gay that the top 5 are essentially in place leaving teams all the way down to about 14th at the minute fighting for one play off spot. Going to be incredibly hard to get it done over the entire season but here's to hoping.

That said it's January and the way Zoko and Miller have been playing they'll probably leave. And just to throw a spanner in the work Adam Collin the goalkeeper and Frank Simek the right back will probably piss off, just to keep things interesting. :shifty:

That's what I said, "they are on a decent run as of late" :shifty:

ALL CAME CRASHING DOWN TODAY THOUGH! 4-1, up 1-0 after barely 2 minutes and quite frankly a pretty straight forward win from Carlisle. They'll screw it up sooner or later, maybe not this afternoon, but soon. :P

Can't see Westley going, he's working wonders at Stevenage and Preston aren't even any better than them.

And I really think Johnson has lost it. Be a shame if Yeovil go down cos of this, Skiverton has been in the job a while now and has been doing fine.

Preston have more room then we do for expansion, I suspect he'll go there and rip the spine out of the team and we'll plummit back to non-league. However, I do think he won't have the time to mould the squad like he did at Stevenage and it may be hard to ween those players into the way he deals with them. However, if as I fear he took Robbo, Scotty Laird, Lawrie Wilson, Michael Bostwick, that spine he'd be on his way to winning them over, I'd trust Phil Wallace though to fight long and hard for them.

If we keep him however I can see us progressing, I do think a lot of our strengths are the attitude and man management he's able to inspire in the team. Could be hard for anyone else to replicate, still, he's not gone yet...

Preston have more room then we do for expansion, I suspect he'll go there and rip the spine out of the team and we'll plummit back to non-league. However, I do think he won't have the time to mould the squad like he did at Stevenage and it may be hard to ween those players into the way he deals with them. However, if as I fear he took Robbo, Scotty Laird, Lawrie Wilson, Michael Bostwick, that spine he'd be on his way to winning them over, I'd trust Phil Wallace though to fight long and hard for them.

If we keep him however I can see us progressing, I do think a lot of our strengths are the attitude and man management he's able to inspire in the team. Could be hard for anyone else to replicate, still, he's not gone yet...

In a selfish way I kind of hope he does go and takes all your players (don't worry, I am joking. I've always liked Stevenage) purely so that you don't go from Conference to Championship in a shorter time span than us. As I don't believe anyone has done it in the modern era quicker than the 5 years it took us.