nPower Football League Thread 2011/12

Lineker

Something's been said on the main Leeds message board that've caused them to close it and may have "serious repercussions". Whatever it is, it's really wound up the lead press officer and apparently there's an injunction on it until midnight. I've read a blog (allegedly written by the press officer) that basically said it's linked to the squad (minus a couple of players) refusing to put any effort in for Grayson - which would explain why so many players have gone from world-beaters to looking shit and lackadaisical recently. I won't post the reported reason that the players are "rebelling" but its out there on Twitter if you care to find it.

Hopefully it's a whole load of nothing but it does seem to make sense. Crazy shit.

Now the blog has been pulled. Might stick a tenner on Burnley tomorrow. :shifty:

Edit: Alternatively I've just seen another story that has fuck all to do with the club and is just about some lass getting slagged off. I can't see why that would cause the board to shut down though, I've seen much worse posted on there and I can't see why it'd cause Paul Dews to go mental... nor does it explain any sort of injunction. Unless this bird was also supposed to be the one that Grayson allegedly knocked around.

Edit 2: Alright, I think I've figured it out and it's a load of bollocks not really related to football at all. Massive waste of time. The confusion came from the fact it was posted in a thread that was about the players allegedly refusing to play for Grayson (which could still be true but wasn't the reason for all the bullshit).

Is it true that Barnsley fans were chanting God-awful things about Billy Sharp's son during their match with Doncaster tonight?

There is a lot of hubbub on Twitter but I can't find anything elsewhere. Match reports haven't mentioned it either. I'm hoping it is not true.

Is it true that Barnsley fans were chanting God-awful things about Billy Sharp's son during their match with Doncaster tonight?

There is a lot of hubbub on Twitter but I can't find anything elsewhere. Match reports haven't mentioned it either. I'm hoping it is not true.

It wouldn't particularly surprise me, they're a horrible lot. Absolutely fucking awful if so. Scummy, inbred fucks.

I heard nothing but I do sit at the other end. Billy himself said he heard nothing. Apparently, if it happened at all, it was only a few people. It sickens me to think anyone would do that and I hope it isn't true.

We played really well yesterday, excellent performance and well worth going to my first game in 2 months.

Hey Matt, I didn't get chance to watch the match or any highlights, was the sending off as dodgy as all the Burnley fans are claiming? Can't believe you grabbed another late game winner against us but against 10 men it didn't really surprise me.

Hey Matt, I didn't get chance to watch the match or any highlights, was the sending off as dodgy as all the Burnley fans are claiming? Can't believe you grabbed another late game winner against us but against 10 men it didn't really surprise me.

I've not seen the bookings but apparently the first one was a definite, the second was a little harsh to give for a second yellow but would generally be given for a first yellow (which shouldn't really make any difference but obviously it does tend to). By all accounts we did sound as though we were on top for the entire second half without creating much and both of our goals were lucky rather than good. Austin's finish was good but he should've never been given the chance.