nPower Football League Thread 2011/12

Lineker

Basically, he wasn't Keith Hill. :shifty:

Also I had a dream last night that Crystal Palace won 4-2, no idea why but I had to check the score this morning when I got up. I didn't have much vested interest in the match nor did I have a bet on it, so I think this is a great advert for a winter break in English football so I can recharge my batteries and stop going mental. :(

• Admin
Brighton manager Gus Poyet says the threat of being fined by the footballing authorities will turn him into a robot.

The Uruguayan refused to comment on referee Craig Pawson after he sent off two Albion players in their 1-0 defeat to Burnley last weekend.

He told BBC Sussex: "They are trying to make us be robots and tell you what you can say - which is nothing.

"The rules are so unclear. You're going to get a little robot."

Poyet believes referees should be as accountable as managers for their decisions.

"What we are trying [to do] is to help get better referees and better officials," the former Chelsea and Tottenham midfielder continued.

"We see different things, but they don't want that. They want you not to say a word or criticise.

"If I do something, I need to apologise.

"They do whatever they like - they don't apologise."

audience.gif

I still can't believe we sold Jordan Rhodes for £230K. What a fucking stupid decision that was. He went to the same school I did - always heard he was a hot prospect, and a few years ago, we sold him for next to nothing. And Huddesfield will probably get a very decent fee for him now.

I really really really fucking hate some Leeds fans. A few bad performances and results and they're wanting to sack Grayson; coincidentally these are almost certainly the same fans were saying that our squad wasn't good enough and we were going to finish in the bottom half, now we're doing alright in the league, we should be beating everyone without fail, if not then "GRAYSON OUT!".

I see why Bates called us morons now. <_<

• Like 2

I still can't believe we sold Jordan Rhodes for £230K. What a fucking stupid decision that was. He went to the same school I did - always heard he was a hot prospect, and a few years ago, we sold him for next to nothing. And Huddesfield will probably get a very decent fee for him now.

Fingers crossed you put some sort of sell-on clause in the transfer.

I really really really fucking hate some Leeds fans. A few bad performances and results and they're wanting to sack Grayson; coincidentally these are almost certainly the same fans were saying that our squad wasn't good enough and we were going to finish in the bottom half, now we're doing alright in the league, we should be beating everyone without fail, if not then "GRAYSON OUT!".

I see why Bates called us morons now. <_<

This is why I generally dislike a lot of football fans. It's worse with teams like United (God forbid they ever lose a match), but I've a few Burnley mates who wanted Howe out as soon as we lost two games on the bounce with him. It's like everyone has ADHD or something.

Mate put 3-0 Burnley, Jay Rod to score first, burnley ahead at half time and full time, odds were 55/1 (and if you didnt know the score then these bets have both come in). But the silly dick only put 25p on it. Not too shabby though.

• Admin
The BBC will axe the popular Football League Show at the end of the season, fuelling fans' speculation that Match of the Day could follow.

The news comes after supporters complained when the Show was not shown on Boxing Day.

An insider said: “This will be the last season the BBC broadcasts the Football League Show.

“It is coming to the end of a three year contract and it will not be renewed.”

Amid fears that Match of the Day, which is up for tender next year, could follow there are also concerns over future broadcasts of England internationals and club games - with the BBC’s Head of Sport, Barbara Slater, admitting live football is “out of reach” of the licence-payer budget.

Insiders claim the Football League Show is being axed because it was too expensive. The BBC has seen 15% cut from its sporting budget - with football coverage under serious threat.

After the Show was not shown on Boxing Day angry supporters vented their frustration on Twitter, prompting the programme's presenter Manish Bhashin to respond, saying: “I understand your frustration” after the show was not beamed on Boxing Day.

He said it was a “budget decision” and when asked about the show’s future he Tweeted: “It’s on til May and who knows maybe even longer....but...”

The BBC confirmed the Football League Show, which shows every goal from England’s league clubs on Saturday nights, will not return to screens until mid January.

:(. First the F1 and now Manish?

Seems Sky have picked up the rights though, all is not lost.

I couldn't care any less. The Football League show is the most horrible highlights show ever.

Nono. I watched some premier league round up the other day (Boxing Day round up) because I couldn't get hold of MOTD for some reason. An American and a Canadian discussing a sport they clearly have very little clue about with annoying music and terrible analysis. Made me wish Manish was hosting it.

Guest mr. potato head

I couldn't care any less. The Football League show is the most horrible highlights show ever.

Nono. I watched some premier league round up the other day (Boxing Day round up) because I couldn't get hold of MOTD for some reason. An American and a Canadian discussing a sport they clearly have very little clue about with annoying music and terrible analysis. Made me wish Manish was hosting it.

I'm very curious what you were watching.