nPower Football League Thread 2011/12

Lineker

Is it really that bad that the goalkeeper has been substituted purely for poor performance?

Looking at the score...maybe so. Jesus.

It was only 3-0 when we took him off but he was at fault for each of the three goals by the sounds of it.

Grayson to be sacked?

No chance, the best manager we've had in years sacked on the back of one game where the substitute keeper had a shocker and we were down to 10 men?

Jonjos on about 5 goals in 6 games now I think. Glad to see he's playing really well, a run of first team football will do him a world of good and help him develop more for next season. Had some decent moments for us last season.

Leeds LOL. Although fair play to blackpool to go to elland road and hand out a doing. Leeds will recover from this. Anything can happen in the championship.

It's not all that hard when the 2nd choice (though I suspect he'll be 3rd choice now and 4th choice by the weekend) keeper gifts them 3 goals before being replaced by an untested 18 year old and we play with 10 men for 70 minutes. We'll recover, it's just a shame that our next game is away to Leicester and we'll (probably) be missing both of our first choice centre halves and our first choice keeper.

What's annoying is fans now calling for Grayson's head and half the team to be dropped; it's hardly Larry's fault that Rachubka can't fucking catch.

Leeds LOL. Although fair play to blackpool to go to elland road and hand out a doing. Leeds will recover from this. Anything can happen in the championship.

It's not all that hard when the 2nd choice (though I suspect he'll be 3rd choice now and 4th choice by the weekend) keeper gifts them 3 goals before being replaced by an untested 18 year old and we play with 10 men for 70 minutes. We'll recover, it's just a shame that our next game is away to Leicester and we'll (probably) be missing both of our first choice centre halves and our first choice keeper.

What's annoying is fans now calling for Grayson's head and half the team to be dropped; it's hardly Larry's fault that Rachubka can't fucking catch.

I didnt hear anybody saying Fergie should be sacked just because they lost 6-1 to city. Leeds are sitting at a good position in the table and its early days so if Grayson was sacked id be suprised. Then again he did sign rachubka but as you said he isnt first choice anyway. And lets not forget Blackpool were in the premier league last year getting results against the so called bigger teams.

I didnt hear anybody saying Fergie should be sacked just because they lost 6-1 to city. Leeds are sitting at a good position in the table and its early days so if Grayson was sacked id be suprised. Then again he did sign rachubka but as you said he isnt first choice anyway. And lets not forget Blackpool were in the premier league last year getting results against the so called bigger teams.

Oh I'd be surprised if he was sacked, it's just annoying that one awful result on the back of a couple of games of bad form and we're calling for the head of the manager who has done a perfectly fine job since he got here on a shoestring budget.

Grayson should be sacked just because he signed Rachubka <_<

Ill assume the reason he went for him in the first place was because he was a free. Youve got to work within your means.

Got it in one. It's hard to get a decent reserve keeper for fuck all.

We should re-sign Shane Higgs, he was fairly reliable (although unfortunately rather injury prone) and is still without a club.

My Team cant even sign a good keeper. Or Central defender for that matter. You have one of ours and hes your captain. Make me wonder why we even sent him out on loan when who we have is mince.

On another note I hope Leeds get promoted. Its always a grievence of mine when Teams like Wigan never even fill their ground are in the PL and yet leeds who have a terrific fan base and filled Elland road even in League one arent.

Shane Higgs is the reason we had to face you in the play-offs in the first place! Stupendous goalkeeping on the last day at Cheltenham.

Anyway, what is apparently a Huddersfield fan has put his job at the fish counter in ASDA Leeds to good use today...

post-4669-1320321284.jpg

:lol:

:lol: That is actually pretty awesome.

My Team cant even sign a good keeper. Or Central defender for that matter. You have one of ours and hes your captain. Make me wonder why we even sent him out on loan when who we have is mince.

On another note I hope Leeds get promoted. Its always a grievence of mine when Teams like Wigan never even fill their ground are in the PL and yet leeds who have a terrific fan base and filled Elland road even in League one arent.

Who do you support? 'Cos I can't work out who you're talking to here, neither Leeds or Donny's captain is on loan from any club :shifty:

To be fair, we rarely filled Elland Road in L1, we still rarely do now, but that is more due to the cost and terrible concessionary rates than anything else. But we'd easily get an average north of 35k if we got back to the Premier League.

I'd like to see Saints, West Ham and Forest back too.

Yeah, I really cannot tell who you support jocky.

Really don't like that thought track either, no offence - but big/full stadiums = Premier League club just always irks me. That said, seeing Leeds back in the Premier League would be intriguing at the very least.

Don't tell any Doncaster fans I said that. :shifty:

brb, making a sign to hang out my window as hundreds of fans walk past my house to the Keepmoat. :shifty:

I live 20 miles away from the Keepmoat and I'm pretty sure Adam is the only Doncaster fan I know. I vaguely know one other guy (my ex-girlfriend's friend's ex-boyfriend) that I met briefly once and I can't remember his name. :shifty: