Roland Garros 2011

EddieG

Just nothing Roger could do in the final set. He was showing mental fatigue, he thought he had every answer for Rafa and then Rafa started asking a whole new set of questions.

He just turned 25 and already as 10 majors. I don't know if he can catch Federer for 2 major reasons -- outside of Clay he's on a much more equal level with the top players in the world and he's had injury worries before and they usually don't go away. He'll certainly win a few more times at Roland Garros, and probably come close to 16. But I also don't think Federer is done and 18 seems like an attainable goal for him before his career is over. It'll be fun to see over the next few years how close Nadal gets, and how good Djokovic becomes.

I dunno, man. Reports of Nadal wearing out his legs have been posted since '08? '09? The man seems to have managed to reasonably preserve his legs enough to be practically a guaranteed French Open Champ for the next few years, just as Federer was nigh-untouchable at Wimbledon for the past several years.

I think Nadal's got a reasonable claim for surpassing Federer as being the greatest of his generation (career Grand Slam + Olympic gold medal + continually owning Federer, all before he turned 25).

I don't begrudge the guy for that, but I would have liked to see Federer have a few more years being the undisputed greatest of all time. That's the biggest beef I have; Federer's position as the Greatest of All Time probably already eclipsed by Nadal, and this is before Federer himself was past his prime.

Edited by maninblack

Anyone know why the trophy presentation is on tape delay on NBC? My brother is watching in Canada and he watching the ceremony get wrapped up as it was starting here on NBC? NBC took like 3 commercial breaks before ceremony. They did the same yesterday.

I'd say money, more than anything.

Yeah, I figured something was up when the exact same thing happened yesterday too. They came from commercials showing the players just sitting there and went back to commercials as though there was a delay in the ceremony. Pathetic.